Tomp611

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Just got a new 2022 BS and I’m having weird issues with my dash usb ports. They seem to be surging on and off. When my phone is plugged in, it is charging, then not, then charging etc. For about a week, I had a mini light plugged in to the usb-c and a wireless CarPlay adapter plugged into the usb-a. Now it seems that both ports are intermittently losing power. Any suggestions?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Tomp611

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My cable is pretty old. Will try a new apple cable! Good to know the BS is a cable snob. 😁

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Just got a new 2022 BS and I’m having weird issues with my dash usb ports. They seem to be surging on and off. When my phone is plugged in, it is charging, then not, then charging etc. For about a week, I had a mini light plugged in to the usb-c and a wireless CarPlay adapter plugged into the usb-a. Now it seems that both ports are intermittently losing power. Any suggestions?
Did the lights go on and off when you had them plugged in? I'm with HomePeace on this one. We've been driving Fords with SYNC 3 for 7+ years, and almost all of the issues we've experienced were cable-related.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
ours does this. we have a little facecloth we folded up like 4 times, then jammed it underneath the auxillary cable where it plugs in. good to go.
i know it's not ideal, but maybe one day i'll dig into it further.
try doing that, see if it helps.

OP
OP

Tomp611

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great tip on the cable. I swapped it out and much better iPhone performance. I am returning the wireless CarPlay device and trying a different one. Thanks!
Sponsored