From order to delivery - my timing

Suzysparks

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX Type S
I would love to know how Ford prioritizes orders. I also ordered (Heritage) in August and it’s scheduled to be built in March! Yet I see other forum users with the same spec/color already have theirs who ordered in October. How can that happen?
Hi Neil… did you order a Heritage or Heritage Limited. If you ordered a regular Heritage it would depend on Bronco Sport allocations that your dealer would have. They have to have the BS allocations in order for your order to get scheduled. Now if you are talking about a Heritage Limited Edition, my understanding is that Ford actually chose when the dealers got the allocations and how many allocations each dealer received, maybe only 1 or 2.
Sponsored

Neil

Big Bend
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini
Hi Neil… did you order a Heritage or Heritage Limited. If you ordered a regular Heritage it would depend on Bronco Sport allocations that your dealer would have. They have to have the BS allocations in order for your order to get scheduled. Now if you are talking about a Heritage Limited Edition, my understanding is that Ford actually chose when the dealers got the allocations and how many allocations each dealer received, maybe only 1 or 2.
It’s a standard Heritage. I didn’t realize there was any kind of quota for the non-Limited version. That would explain it, though.

Suzysparks

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX Type S
It’s a standard Heritage. I didn’t realize there was any kind of quota for the non-Limited version. That would explain it, though.
It’s not really a quota. Your dealer earns allocations based on sales. Each model’s allocations are based on different things. I think BS allocations are based on BS sales, but I could be wrong. A smaller dealer would get less allocations. There also could be constraints from month to month; certain items might cause your order not to get scheduled. A good dealer would let you know. It sounds like you finally got scheduled, so congratulations.

Neil

Big Bend
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini
It’s not really a quota. Your dealer earns allocations based on sales. Each model’s allocations are based on different things. I think BS allocations are based on BS sales, but I could be wrong. A smaller dealer would get less allocations. There also could be constraints from month to month; certain items might cause your order not to get scheduled. A good dealer would let you know. It sounds like you finally got scheduled, so congratulations.
Got it. Thanks for the explanation. I’ve had very little comms or useful help from both the dealer and Ford. It’s almost like they’re doing everything they can to make the process as difficult as possible. Probably the last time I will buy a Ford.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
It’s an allocation of limited supplied vs. demand vehicles. If you want a Ford that starts with the letter “E” , you can get it in 6 weeks. B’s, F’s, L’s, M’s and R’s are in high demand with tight supplies. :cool:

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS Badlands; '23 BS Badlands; BMW X3, X7
2023 Badlands ordered on 9/6 and it was ready to be picked up from my dealer on 01/07. I wasn't able to pick it up for a few weeks after that, but from order to ready for me to drive it away, almost exactly 4 months to the day.

C&C&C=The 3 Amigos !

Badlands
First Name
Christine(Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport BL
Got it. Thanks for the explanation. I’ve had very little comms or useful help from both the dealer and Ford. It’s almost like they’re doing everything they can to make the process as difficult as possible. Probably the last time I will buy a Ford.
:frown: Sorry to read your text Neil :crying: that you wrote probably the last time " I will buy a Ford " It has been very crazy times in the last 2 1/2 years in the car business :curse: The sad thing is a lot of these dealer's are not told anything from Ford and Ford is also not being told by their suppliers .:angry:
I hope you really like and enjoy your BS Heritage :sunglasses:

C&C&C=The 3 Amigos !

Badlands
First Name
Christine(Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport BL
2023 Badlands ordered on 9/6 and it was ready to be picked up from my dealer on 01/07. I wasn't able to pick it up for a few weeks after that, but from order to ready for me to drive it away, almost exactly 4 months to the day.
:like: Mine was just a tad longer than yours :clap: Order on 9-20-22 and showed up at the dealership 2-6-23 . That was 4 months and 2 weeks and 2 days :rockon:
Sponsored