From "In Production" to "Built"

BSB75

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So I understand correctly , my window sticker show build of 4/30. But the tracker states in production with delivery in 45 days. I have had 5 schedule changes so hard to know what to believe . Ordered 1/21. Please advise ....

8E21FA6C-1F0E-4ABE-A71D-63985E4381A4.jpeg
If I can extrapolate from my window sticker that 4/30 date on your build sticker is when it was invoiced for production one week before it's actually built. So in theory yours would have been built 5/7 and probably would have shipped 5/8. Since production is down, then I would say your spot in line if nothing changes and production ramps back up this coming week yours will be produced on Friday May 21 and hopefully ship next day May 22.
For instance My window sticker shows 4 22 21 in that same box and on the mach e forum website tracker I typed in my VIN and got a build date of 4/29 and ship date of 4/30. It last updated shipment via Union Pacific on May 11 somewhere in Illinois and unable to track further, headed toward NJ eventually.

Lane4

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bbbbbb
If I can extrapolate from my window sticker that 4/30 date on your build sticker is when it was invoiced for production one week before it's actually built. So in theory yours would have been built 5/7 and probably would have shipped 5/8. Since production is down, then I would say your spot in line if nothing changes and production ramps back up this coming week yours will be produced on Friday May 21 and hopefully ship next day May 22.
For instance My window sticker shows 4 22 21 in that same box and on the mach e forum website tracker I typed in my VIN and got a build date of 4/29 and ship date of 4/30. It last updated shipment via Union Pacific on May 11 somewhere in Illinois and unable to track further, headed toward NJ eventually.
Yes you are correct, that would be the timeline if no plant shutdown. Received email from Ford for build next week and dealer confirmed May 19 with delivery ETA of June 21.

Advertisement

Advertisement