Found possible solution for low tow weight?

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I continue to come across threads in relation to the meager tow capacity of our ponies. Yes, it was t meant to carry a lot. It is meant for light towing and we have to be creative in our choices.

while perusing the interwebs and the various apps I have on this block of gizmos in my hand, I came across this genius.

maybe this is our ultimate solution!

Ford Bronco Sport Found possible solution for low tow weight? FF0B95C5-C70D-4CBE-A4DA-17FBC923D18E
Sponsored

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I wonder how long after the first pot hole or boat launch edge that would last!

OP
OP
Folkman

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I wonder how long after the first pot hole or boat launch edge that would last!
Ohhhh. Iā€™m sure itā€™s fine. It canā€™t go flat and Iā€™m sure he has some duck tape stashed in the boat. Sure isnā€™t in the ā€œcarā€ā€¦ he is driving.

OP
OP
Folkman

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Neither duct tape nor ducks would fit in that car so your right in some kind of way. šŸ¤Ŗ
Oh now you are going to start controversy? It IS duck tape. It was designed to fix duck boats in WWII when they were shot up.

duct tape is foil tape used on ducts šŸ˜ˆ

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Oh now you are going to start controversy? It IS duck tape. It was designed to fix duck boats in WWII when they were shot up.

duct tape is foil tape used on ducts šŸ˜ˆ
We are both right, but me more so. The tape for ducts is one kind of duct tape. And duct tape is now also called duck tape (I sure hope wikipedia backs me up!). But yes, I am showing my age in making a joke. But thatā€™s what I do here. Make jokes for the likes!

Edit: after looking up duct tape on Wikipedia, pats myself on back

Bronco2.7

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 civic CRV
We are both right, but me more so. The tape for ducts is one kind of duct tape. And duct tape is now also called duck tape (I sure hope wikipedia backs me up!). But yes, I am showing my age in making a joke. But thatā€™s what I do here. Make jokes for the likes!

I continue to come across threads in relation to the meager tow capacity of our ponies. Yes, it was t meant to carry a lot. It is meant for light towing and we have to be creative in our choices.

while perusing the interwebs and the various apps I have on this block of gizmos in my hand, I came across this genius.

maybe this is our ultimate solution!

Ford Bronco Sport Found possible solution for low tow weight? FF0B95C5-C70D-4CBE-A4DA-17FBC923D18E
Pretty much a useless donkey when it comes to towing. Cant even tow my Harley with a trailer. šŸ¤®

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I really doubt it's being towed. It's just moving the boat around the marina. Ever see the aircraft pusher that shoves a 747 around? It doesn't have a 200 ton tow rating but it moves things.

OP
OP
Folkman

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I really doubt it's being towed. It's just moving the boat around the marina. Ever see the aircraft pusher that shoves a 747 around? It doesn't have a 200 ton tow rating but it moves things.
It was just a

Just because I HAVE to be rightā€¦ ask my wifeā€¦ she said Iā€™m always right all the timeā€¦. Iā€™m sure she means it sincerelyā€¦. From the ultimate arbiter of truth, random google result of Business Insiderā€¦. I bring you the ultimate answer to the ultimate red neck questionā€¦ am I using AC tape to hold my door on? Will it leak water???

Ford Bronco Sport Found possible solution for low tow weight? E1006E91-DA0A-463E-AA03-2CBA54ED5664

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Well your wife may say youā€™re right all of the time but I think I win once again as this is my wifeā€™s coffee mug this morning ā€¦

Ford Bronco Sport Found possible solution for low tow weight? F66F47C1-6803-43E5-8D89-273B7321DFA8

Itā€™s hard to read but says ā€œI donā€™t need Google My husband knows everythingā€

OP
OP
Folkman

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
You got me there. Mine made me get rid of my shirt that said ā€œLetā€™s just save time and agree I am correctā€ when we got married.

you won the interwebs today. But there is always tomorrow! Bwahahaha.

fsjdw2

Badlands
First Name
Jerrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 5.0 GT convertible, 2022BS BL(pending)
The original
Those airport tugs arnt light like that car and have zero suspension to maximize traction i think.
The ones at my old airport were classed as off road vehicles, didn't have emissions standards and used OLD ford 400 inline 6 cylinders, and had a SUPER heavy 3/4 inch plate steel frame/fenders, grill guards, the likely weighed 6000 lbs for the SMALLEST ones(good for only like a lear jet MAX ), the bigger ones were 30000 LBS and were only for 737 size and smaller, but was same size as a short box, single cab ranger. That plate steel adds up QUICK. No idea what a 747 one weighs, but id guess 50k lbs, maybe more. Plus all of them have a motor designed for high torque, low HP, and gear box the same. Id be surprised if they would hit 30 MPH in top gear(plus withat that much weight on them id be scared of brake failure, you would be going throuhg several buildings before stopping)

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
OP
OP
Folkman

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Problem solved! Leave it to Toyota. Now, letā€™s see that back it into the boat launch!

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/tractor-beam-toyota-developing-hitchless-towing
I saw that too. And I was thinkingā€¦

ā€œSelfā€¦ that sounds like a great idea! After all, all the self driving automation is so good these days that it is a wonder we still have steering. Why not just add to that an autonomous trailer? Makes sense. Teslas never make a mistake, or google cars, or any of the others. Sounds spot onā€

haha.
Sponsored