Dantanman

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
WTH? Got this message this morning. It has been parked for only 18 hours! That will make the remote start useless via my phone. My 21 F-150 did this but only after being parked for 2 weeks.

Ford Bronco Sport Fordpass disabled? Screenshot_20220514-071435
Sponsored

OP
OP

Dantanman

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
WTH? Got this message this morning. It has been parked for only 18 hours! That will make the remote start useless via my phone. My 21 F-150 did this but only after being parked for 2 weeks.

Ford Bronco Sport Fordpass disabled? Screenshot_20220514-071435
F-150 forum says "A sleep mode the vehicle power system goes into if the car sits for 14 days or greater to conserve power." That I can understand but 18 hours? Other possibility is I have a bad battery if sleep mode is triggered by low battery voltage.

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
F-150 forum says "A sleep mode the vehicle power system goes into if the car sits for 14 days or greater to conserve power." That I can understand but 18 hours? Other possibility is I have a bad battery if sleep mode is triggered by low battery voltage.
Ive n9ticed if ive gone out to the car a few times through day but dont drive it i get that message. As soon as you hit unlock on fob and open door it starts making fun noises for about 15 min if y9u stand there.. cool it wont drain our battery. Not cool i cant remote start car .. i get that message 2 or 3 times a week

OP
OP

Dantanman

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Ive n9ticed if ive gone out to the car a few times through day but dont drive it i get that message. As soon as you hit unlock on fob and open door it starts making fun noises for about 15 min if y9u stand there.. cool it wont drain our battery. Not cool i cant remote start car .. i get that message 2 or 3 times a week
Obviously something wrong. Opening the door 10 times a day should not drain battery to the point where it disabled the feature. I will talk to dealer, hopefully I don't need to visit them although I have other warranty work required šŸ™„

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Iā€™ve only seen it once after not driving for a few weeks early on.

cgparsons1983

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Hasn't there been a lot of reports of people getting bad batteries? I remember someone saying they came back to their car and it was completely dead, wouldn't turn over at all, had to have it towed. Turned out it was the battery and they hadn't had the vehicle for very long.

OP
OP

Dantanman

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Iā€™ve only seen it once after not driving for a few weeks early on.
I believe that is normal and a good feature. My truck went into sleep mode after 2 weeks. I will be getting the battery tested asap. Being 50 miles in the bush with dead battery and no cell service would not be cool. My wife drives back roads a lot while Geo Caching.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
I drive a lot of short trips and used to get this all the time. I recently started doing a commute of 6 each way three days a week. Seems to have cured things.

BTW, When I was diagnosing the problem I had mine on a charger and noticed a 5+ amp draw when I opened the driverā€™s door. This lasted until the various clicks and other noises stopped. My take is an inadequate charging system/battery for a vehicle that has so much going on at rest.

The benefit is that it also disabled my auto stop/start system and seems to have left it off even when the remote features are not disabled.:sunglasses:

OP
OP

Dantanman

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I drive a lot of short trips and used to get this all the time. I recently started doing a commute of 6 each way three days a week. Seems to have cured things.

BTW, When I was diagnosing the problem I had mine on a charger and noticed a 5+ amp draw when I opened the driverā€™s door. This lasted until the various clicks and other noises stopped. My take is an inadequate charging system/battery for a vehicle that has so much going on at rest.

The benefit is that it also disabled my auto stop/start system and seems to have left it off even when the remote features are not disabled.:sunglasses:
I have seen that scenario many times. As a former dealer in a very small town we had to explain to many people driving 1 mile to the store or post office twice a week drains rather than charges the battery. It is not acceptable to not have remote start available after 18 hours of it sitting (especially at -25). We have been doing nothing but 50 + mile trips so battery should be fully charged. Really surprised that no manufacturer has incorporated a small solar panel) trickle charger into the vehicle somewhere. You can buy one for 20.00 these days, just a pain to have an external one that needs to be wired in. As mentioned earlier, I suspect faulty battery but you would also think that would trigger a low voltage warning.

Deleted member 6599

The front LED headlamp fans kick on for 10 minutes every time a door is opened. I replaced my battery with an AGM and configured it with forscan. No more deep sleep modes for me.

OP
OP

Dantanman

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
The front LED headlamp fans kick on for 10 minutes every time a door is opened. I replaced my battery with an AGM and configured it with forscan. No more deep sleep modes for me.
That is beyond bizarre! Why don't they start the engine and HVAC fans while they're at itšŸ™„šŸ™„. They should be temp controlled. I've yet to hear them run but will check it out today.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Y'all want all the modern conveniences but complain when it has unintentional consequences...read the warning, if it sits idle it goes into a battery save mode...so...either limit opening the door ten times a day? Or sit your butt in the seat and start it. Remote start...first world problems. Some of you should have bought an escalade.

OP
OP

Dantanman

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Y'all want all the modern conveniences but complain when it has unintentional consequences...read the warning, if it sits idle it goes into a battery save mode...so...either limit opening the door ten times a day? Or sit your butt in the seat and start it. Remote start...first world problems. Some of you should have bought an escalade.
It's a first world vehicle. It is not supposed to go into sleep mode after 18 hours. Sitting your butt in the seat accomplishes nothing. This is a forum to discuss everything you like/dislike about your Bronco. If you're good with a 50k vehicle not working as it's supposed to that's your call. So much helpful advice on this site excluding your post. Sadly 100k Escalades have many problems toošŸ˜.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Dantanman

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
To quote your other post verbatim "This is not a place to bash or argue. Please keep it civil."
I see you have an Area 51 like mine, good choice! Let's start over in good faith and be Bronco colleagues please.