Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Ford to Reveal Custom F-150, Bronco and Bronco Sport During ‘Ford Auto Nights’ SEMA Show Special Webcast
  • Ford is revealing custom versions of the 2021 F-150, Bronco and Bronco Sport with Ford Accessories and Performance Parts through the first-ever virtual SEMA show; local Ford dealers are ready to personalize these vehicles for customers
  • New 2021 Ranger Tremor showcases bolt-on modifications to add even more capability to the most off-road-ready factory-built Ranger ever offered in the U.S.
  • Mustang Mach-E 1400 and 2021 Mustang Mach-E GT represent the future of Ford vehicles with performance to match their looks; Mach-E GT with options is targeted for 0-60 mph in 3.5 seconds
  • Watch the live virtual broadcast at 8 p.m. EST on Thursday and sign up to participate in interactive vehicle immersion sessions on Friday
DEARBORN, Mich., Nov. 18, 2020 – For once, what happened in Vegas, does not have to stay there.

After COVID-19 knocked out this year’s SEMA show in Sin City, Ford is pivoting to virtually reveal epic customizations of the company’s latest all-new products from the streets of the Motor City. The event -- Ford Auto Nights, SEMA Show Special is a two-day live broadcast experience this Thursday and Friday.

Ford will unveil customized build reveals, interactive vehicle immersion sessions and an on-demand content library. The program will feature customer and celebrity superfan stories and vehicle customization and performance expert highlights. Viewers can tune in HERE at 8 p.m. EST on Thursday for the show, then register for interactive live sessions held throughout Friday.

“From upfitters to outfitters, and from hot rodders to outdoor adventurers, the show must go on, and our first-ever Ford Auto Nights SEMA Show Special keeps the customization and innovation going virtually,” said Kim Cape, director of Ford global brand and integrated marketing. “This passionate, die-hard audience with an appetite for our Ford brand is vital to us.”

Custom builds of Ford’s newest products, including the 2021 Bronco, Bronco Sport, Mustang Mach-E and F-150, will headline, along with a few surprises during the two-day event.

Custom builds of Ford’s newest products include:

The MAD Bronco Sport Badlands turns the Bronco of small SUVs into the ultimate for overlanding adventures. Ford teamed up with MAD Industries for a build that is an outdoor adventurer’s dream conversion. MAD is an established Ford project vehicle builder, with a rich history of custom builds, tricking out everything from a Mustang to an F-350.

Ford Bronco Sport Ford To Reveal MAD Bronco Sport Badlands During ‘Ford Auto Nights’ SEMA Show Special Webcast 2021-MAD-Bronco-Sport-Badlands

Ford Bronco Sport Ford To Reveal MAD Bronco Sport Badlands During ‘Ford Auto Nights’ SEMA Show Special Webcast MAD Bronco Sport Badlands_01

Ford Bronco Sport Ford To Reveal MAD Bronco Sport Badlands During ‘Ford Auto Nights’ SEMA Show Special Webcast MAD Bronco Sport Badlands_02

Ford Bronco Sport Ford To Reveal MAD Bronco Sport Badlands During ‘Ford Auto Nights’ SEMA Show Special Webcast MAD Bronco Sport Badlands_03

Ford Bronco Sport Ford To Reveal MAD Bronco Sport Badlands During ‘Ford Auto Nights’ SEMA Show Special Webcast MAD Bronco Sport Badlands_04

Ford Bronco Sport Ford To Reveal MAD Bronco Sport Badlands During ‘Ford Auto Nights’ SEMA Show Special Webcast MAD Bronco Sport Badlands_05

Ford Bronco Sport Ford To Reveal MAD Bronco Sport Badlands During ‘Ford Auto Nights’ SEMA Show Special Webcast MAD Bronco Sport Badlands_06

Ford Bronco Sport Ford To Reveal MAD Bronco Sport Badlands During ‘Ford Auto Nights’ SEMA Show Special Webcast MAD Bronco Sport Badlands_07
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I watched the show and this bronco sport looked pretty cool. The wheel and tire combo they used look really good. I said it with the yellow trail rig concept and I’ll say it again here, the sport looks so much better with a lift and bigger tires. I’m starting to think they should also add a wildtrak trim that shares the badlands 4x4 system and the 2.0L engine but then adds the lift and larger tires too.

here’s the video. Skip to about 9:30 to get to the bronco sport.

Last edited:

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
I do find it interesting that almost 100% of the marketing so far for the Sport is directed towards female drivers as opposed to male drivers. I wonder if their research shows there is a larger market for that group?

Last edited:

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
I do find it interesting that almost 100% of the marketing so far for the Sport is directed towards female drivers as opposed to male drivers. I wonder if their research shows there is a larger market for that group?
Interesting. It is great that women are also going off-road (though I expect some guys will disparage that!). That Rebelle Rallye was inspiring. I know my wife is pretty excited about it: likes the size, the dual purpose (in town, boondocking), and capability. Good for Ford.

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
I sent an email to "Mad Industries" but never heard back. Not surprising. I'd love to get their feedback about lift kits and what kind of feedback they got from Ford. I'd have a hard time believing Ford would sanction the build (and lift) without some form of engineering approval.

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
Ford Hired a company to develop a concept to market and upsell their product. I don't think they have any sort of engineering approval. If you watch the show... MAD industries actually asked for help on the suspension from 4 Wheel Parts... I can surmise it's either a strut plate lift, or a set of taller springs.

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Ford Hired a company to develop a concept to market and upsell their product. I don't think they have any sort of engineering approval. If you watch the show... MAD industries actually asked for help on the suspension from 4 Wheel Parts... I can surmise it's either a strut plate lift, or a set of taller springs.
Didn’t they also mention getting the lift right was the hardest part? Hopefully that’s not a bad sign for a future factory lift.

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
This is why when I build a storm chasing concept vehicle I never add anything that cannot actually be purchased or added by anyone. I did lift (Photoshop) the original image of our first concept, but I made sure to note it was modified, not an actual lift kit.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
Didn’t they also mention getting the lift right was the hardest part? Hopefully that’s not a bad sign for a future factory lift.
Today he mentioned the hard part was leveling it because if the trailer. And the lift was done with spacers and “ you can do it in your garage in three hours with the right tools.” Yeah, I don’t know I’d do that.

North7

Badlands
First Name
North7
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Today he mentioned the hard part was leveling it because if the trailer. And the lift was done with spacers and “ you can do it in your garage in three hours with the right tools.” Yeah, I don’t know I’d do that.
I've done a write up about the Bronco Sport Lift at this new thread:

1" Bronco Sport Lift Confirmed
Sponsored