DMEARC

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Except there are no last year models of bronco. Pass on making 2022 Broncos of all models.
My response was generic. People will purchase last years models, regardless of what it is. Happens all the time. In 2022, if there are any leftover, people will purchase a 2021 BS. If you’d like proof, head to any car dealership and ask to see an unsold 2019 model.

Advertisement

DMEARC

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
The way I see it when replacing a ECM, TCM, BCM etc., all modules with chips the dealer has to re-program these modules. Tell me how this is a challenge for a certified tech? I've done it at home with my Autel Maxi sys with J1652 two way communication capability.
If they have the proper equipment, it’s not a challenge. However, the laptop used by your typical dealership is not capable of performing the initial programming of a module. Updating it, sure. But initial programming is a big deal, and not something that has been handled by any dealership.

JerryC

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
My response was aimed at the question: who buys last years models? Plenty of people do. My response was not specifically about the Bronco.
"Plenty of people purchase last years model. Dealers mark them down accordingly. It happens often. "

I was responding to the bolded portion of your comment.

Blondie_jax

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Here is my big question in all of this…who decides which dealers get chips? What quantity of chips? Then, once at the dealer, how is it decided which vehicles get the limited supply? I would hate to be the one putting all of these in mailers (don’t forget things getting “lost” with the post office), or the dealer explaining why a vehicle built after yours was completed. I agree about using dealer lots to offset storage costs, but will this cause an even longer delay?🤔

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CRV AWD EXL, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
If a '21 Bronco Sport gets delivered at the end of '21 or in '22 and supply demand is still out of whack with empty car lots which is likely going to be the case those units will sell for top dollar quick. I don't think we are getting out this global car shortage crisis any time soon.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CRV AWD EXL, '16 F150 Platinum FX4

JerryC

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
One way or another, every car gets sold😎
Yep, I saw a brand new two year old Ram Rebel pickup on the lot back in '18. Nicely optioned and in perfect shape, dealer couldn't come up with a good reason for why it was brand new and two years old. They still wanted MSRP with the typical discount that the leftover 17's had on them. It took months, but eventually the price got low enough that somebody bought it.

Bronco II

Badlands
First Name
Doc
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost conv 50 Year App Package
If a '21 Bronco Sport gets delivered at the end of '21 or in '22 and supply demand is still out of whack with empty car lots which is likely going to be the case those units will sell for top dollar quick. I don't think we are getting out this global car shortage crisis any time soon.
Our dealer is going to order the wife's Cyber Orange BL BL with out a reserve fee because as he said to us they can't keep Bronco Sports on the lot if we don't buy it somebody will.

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, SVT Mustang, SHO,
Our dealer is going to order the wife's Cyber Orange BL BL with out a reserve fee because as he said to us they can't keep Bronco Sports on the lot if we don't buy it somebody will.
Good luck getting that Badlands package on your Bandlands. Unobtainium by all accounts.

ksw1998

Big Bend
First Name
Wools
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I don't know about anybody else but if I saw a BS on the dealers lot that I wanted and was then told I couldn't buy it I'd be pissed. The first thing I would say is If you can't sell it then why the hell is it sitting on the lot.
I put $500 down on a Bronco Sport at Mac Haik in DesotoTX which is basically a suburb of Dallas. Thank goodness I took pics because they have totally removed the SUV from the website since I guess it is considered “on hold”. They still have my money and have said the delivery date is 10/31 which I have read is now 11/3? The sticker of $30,215.00 is not far off from what it should be for a Big Bend? I rarely see one on the road and currently don’t have a car so I am trying to be patient and wait but wish I could track it without going thru the dealership - all I have is the VIN

Advertisement

Advertisement