Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
This doesn't paint a great picture:

semiconductor shortage affecting much of the world’s chip production is still worsening, in at least some markets. The average lead time for chip deliveries increased to 17 weeks in April, up from 16 weeks in March. Just before the beginning of the pandemic began, average lead time was running around 12 weeks.

“All major product categories up considerably,” Susquehanna analyst Chris Rolland wrote in a recent investment note. “These were some of the largest increases since we started tracking the data.” Bloomberg notes that Susquehanna referred to this as a “danger zone” for chips as the risk of buyers engaging in behavior that magnifies the impact of the crisis increasesnoted behavior is horde buying...kinda like we saw with toilet paper, but this involves big money and chip production...it's bad.
The ammo shortage is largely caused by horde buying due to instant media scaring folks. The average consumer is not buying chips but mfg companies are and if they are horde buying this may be part of the problem.

HK22

Big Bend
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F350 7.3
Great!!! My build date was the week of 6/28. Now what? I haven’t bought a new Ford in about 20 years. Back to Toyota/Honda.
My second build date is next week, I can always hope...

birddog2

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV Bronco Sport Badlands
Ordered a Badlands on 3-16-2021.
BL package w/ moon roof, Tow package, off road tires - all the stuff that is claimed to slow production.
According to both Ford Tracking and Bronco Sport order tracking tool my order was accepted on 3-18-2021.
All items on my order are correct.
No window sticker is available and neither site lists my order as starting production process.
Before I listed on tracking sites, my dealer listed "this week' and "next week" as production predictions a couple of times.
I have never received an E Mail from either Ford or my dealer.
Am concerned that Ford has no plan on how to produce my 2021 BL and still move into 2022 production.
Beginning to think that I have ordered a Unicorn.

tombstone81

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex, 2021 Mazda CX-9
BL package w/ moon roof, Tow package, off road tires - all the stuff that is claimed to slow production.
According to both Ford Tracking and Bronco Sport order tracking tool my order was accepted on 3-18-2021.
No window sticker is available and neither site lists my order as starting production process.
Before I listed on tracking sites, my dealer listed "this week' and "next week" as production predictions a couple of times.
Am concerned that Ford has no plan on how to produce my 2021 BL and still move into 2022 production.
Totally understandable, I feel your pain! I ordered January 26th and while I have a VIN# at least, still no window sticker and no update as to when exactly my Bronc will be built. Same problems of course...I ordered a tow package, 360+ and the Badlands package...everything that is delaying production.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I think you ordered a perfect storm and unfortunately Ford is losing some sales and customers over nonsense (see Fauci email-gate). Bottom line, you MIGHT find a due to dealer with close/all of what you want or make some compromises. Wouldn't hurt to reach out to Ford or your dealer if helpful and see if eliminating parts would help. Broncos flat out said if you want big bend, soft top etc your order would shoot to the front with minor changes.
Sucks to be caught in this situation, having mine for almost a month, it's worth it. I personally haven't had this much fun in a vehicle since...high school?

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Totally understandable, I feel your pain! I ordered January 26th and while I have a VIN# at least, still no window sticker and no update as to when exactly my Bronc will be built. Same problems of course...I ordered a tow package, 360+ and the Badlands package...everything that is delaying production.
Tow isn't as much an issue. My order had tow and big tires and it's now in production from 3/26. It's the moon roof.

tombstone81

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Tow isn't as much an issue. My order had tow and big tires and it's now in production from 3/26. It's the moon roof.
They totally should have offered the moonroof as optional, even with the BL + BL. I only wanted the BL package for every upgrade BESIDES the moonroof...now the one thing I didn't really want is costing me months of extra wait time.

birddog2

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV Bronco Sport Badlands
I do have a VIN # and have had one for about a month.
Also ordered the 360 + package, and moon roof was part of BL package.
One would like to think that Ford could keep their dealers appraised of the situation so that customers would be better prepared and could make more intelligent, informed decisions on options, packages.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Ford sent me email saying my Production Week is June 21 and I got that email June 1? Dealer confirmed June 21 in Visibility Report. But plant scheduled to be closed week of June 21? Some woman on Facebook exact same happened to her she had June 14 got June 21 email same day I did?

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
They totally should have offered the moonroof as optional, even with the BL + BL. I only wanted the BL package for every upgrade BESIDES the moonroof...now the one thing I didn't really want is costing me months of extra wait time.
May want to call the dealer as it is now a removal item. Couldn't hurt.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
May want to call the dealer as it is now a removal item. Couldn't hurt.
The May Order Guide does not list a No Power Moonroof package for Badlands like they do for lower trims. So for Badlands looks like you cannot get Badlands Package No Power Moonroof per Order Guide. They do not list that as an option.

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum,80 Triumph TR8, 69 Jag XKE 2+2
Ford sent me email saying my Production Week is June 21 and I got that email June 1? Dealer confirmed June 21 in Visibility Report. But plant scheduled to be closed week of June 21? Some woman on Facebook exact same happened to her she had June 14 got June 21 email same day I did?
I'm in almost the same boat, got an email today with a production date for the week of 6/28, the second week the plant will be shut down.

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
Ordered mine on 2/15/21, called the dealer and they say they expect delivery on 6/15, I call that bluff!
I've had VIN since March, still no production update or Window Sticker...... So sad :crying::crying:
Sponsored

Last edited: