sdmc229

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion and Flex
Out of curiosity, which dealer in our area are you getting yours from? Mine is mostly likely on the same train as yours as mine shipped 6/5 with an eta 7/3-7/9. My dealer told me yesterday mine is just north of Pittsburgh. Mine's being shipped to Pacifico in Broomall.
Mine is going to Springfield, but not yet. ETA 7/17 as i am waiting on one chip
Sponsored

Deanh

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Intel receiving government money isn't the issue, it's creating a long-term competitive pricing market. Cheap China junk isn't near the quality American manufacturing can produce, and incentives and tariffs help small market USA. We are currently heading in the wrong direction. Skirting political comments, the chip shortage is as much current world craziness and poor overseas product dependence coming to a head.
its also not just China....

Deanh

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Since 6/7. Window sticker updated 6/10 and 6/17, but delivery date has stayed at 7/14 so far.
its ugly...my wifes Badlands was ordered Feb 1st...it was finally built last week....now its on hold at the plant awaiting a chip...eta now reads Sept 17.....Ill be checking that paint with a fine tooth comb if its been frying in the Mexican sun for 3 months....ARG!

Jumbo1953

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
you do realize this chip shortage isn't just effecting Ford right?....
You do realize that my local Hyundai has 160 new vehicles in stock, Kia has 83 in stock, Toyota has 20.
My local Ford has 6 in stock and Jeep has 5. Looks like mostly a FMC and Jeep problem.

Deanh

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
You do realize that my local Hyundai has 160 new vehicles in stock, Kia has 83 in stock, Toyota has 20.
My local Ford has 6 in stock and Jeep has 5. Looks like mostly a FMC and Jeep problem.
now ask yourself why Hyundai and Kia have so many units of certain models, just sitting ( some youll find will be scarce...Telluride for instance ) ....people dont buy crap just because its available....or if they are outrageously marked up....ahem. We usually carry 500 vehicles we are down to 36....

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
....people dont buy crap just because its available....
Actually... it's getting to a point that people about to start doing just that or we might be there already.

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
Looked around for 4Runner this past weekend. Ahh... nope. Not much in the inventory. Not saying 4Runner is crap by no means, but it would've not been my first choice either.

Jumbo1953

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
now ask yourself why Hyundai and Kia have so many units of certain models, just sitting ( some youll find will be scarce...Telluride for instance ) ....people dont buy crap just because its available....or if they are outrageously marked up....ahem. We usually carry 500 vehicles we are down to 36....
Hyundai & Kia builds many great vehicles. I do believe they are higher on the initial quality list than either Ford or Jeep. The Telluride and Pallisade has been scarce since day 1. The company has decided to keep the price up by not building an unlimited number. I can’t argue that the chip shortage isn’t starting to hit Hyundai & Kia now but up until now it hasn’t. I’m sure you will have an explanation for this.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Hyundai & Kia builds many great vehicles. I do believe they are higher on the initial quality list than either Ford or Jeep. The Telluride and Pallisade has been scarce since day 1. The company has decided to keep the price up by not building an unlimited number. I can’t argue that the chip shortage isn’t starting to hit Hyundai & Kia now but up until now it hasn’t. I’m sure you will have an explanation for this.
Look we get it, you got screwed, Ford purposely targeted your build...buy a Kia already. I understand frustrations. I get that it's one change after another. I sincerely feel for you...compromise...or deal with it. Crazy times are here. There are a lot of people enjoying the broncos. There are a lot of people agonizing over delivery. Your grump is starting to harsh my vibe. Hang in there man, life is too short to be that upset over a car. Sincerely I hope you find a solution and you are as happy as anyone could be.

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
They are South Korea companies. Chips are made in South Korea.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Your grump is starting to harsh my vibe. Hang in there man, life is too short to be that upset over a car.
I think for folks that need a vehicle the wait and uncertainty is inflicting serious pain and they will express it. No one saw this chip shortage vehicle shortage crisis coming. its a real big problem now for those that need a vehicle. It is very dire situation, new/used vehicle shortage really bad, and not gonna get better any time soon...

fastlax16

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport Badlands, 2019 VW Golf R
not sure jeep is having any issues. My dad ordered a built to spec wrangler 9 weeks ago and took delivery a week and a half ago. Drove through Ohio Saturday and saw a dozen or so semis on 80 hauling new ones.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
not sure jeep is having any issues. My dad ordered a built to spec wrangler 9 weeks ago and took delivery a week and a half ago. Drove through Ohio Saturday and saw a dozen or so semis on 80 hauling new ones.
Friend of mine ordered high option RAM 1/2 ton pickup in March. Got delivered late May. He has been driving it for several weeks now.
Sponsored