First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
https://www.reuters.com/article/ford-mexico-idUSKBN2H42D9

Ford to suspend production on Friday at Mexico plant on materials shortage

Ford Bronco Sport Ford suspends production today Friday (10/15) at Hermosillo Mexico plant due to material shortage ord-hermosillo-mexico-plant-production-factory-

October 14, 2021

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) -U.S. automaker Ford Motor Co will temporarily suspend production on Friday at its Hermosillo plant in Mexico’s Sonora state due to a shortage of materials, the plant’s labor union said on Thursday.

Workers will be paid 75% of salaries on Friday, the union added.

Ford had also suspended production from Oct. 11-12 at its Hermosillo plant, where it makes its Bronco Sport SUV and Maverick compact pickup.

The union did not specify which materials were in short supply, but other automakers have been struggling with a chip shortage as manufacturers shifted production toward parts needed for laptop computers, cellphones and video games during the pandemic.

Ford did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Earlier this month, Ford said it would suspend production at its Flat Rock, Michigan, plant and at parts of its Kansas City, Missouri, plant.
Sponsored

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Should be expected. Now they should be winding down the 2021s and retooling for the 2022s soon so should be interesting to see what impact these closures have since the 2022s do not even start production until November. Seems like the tail end of the 2021s are going to be impacted.

haroldqjr

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Glad mine was finished. I wish everyone waiting luck and patience.

Phillip-AB

Badlands
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
According to my dealership here in SW Florida, the assembly of my Badlands was completed in late June and I've been waiting for it to ship from the plant in Mexico ever since. I hope the plant suspension does not add to an already very long waiting game.
Sponsored