jofer

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport, '23 2Dr Bronco
Unless you have a winch, most of that kit is not helpful. The snatch block and tree trunk strap are only used when winching. They're not useful otherwise.

I'm sure the recovery strap and d-rings in that kit are high quality, but you're paying for a lot of things you can't use there and missing something you'd need (a recovery hitch). You can get a high quality strap, shackles, and a receiver hitch for significantly less that what you're paying for that kit.

If you'd prefer a kinetic rope (aka stretch rope), you can get one for the price of that kit. By and large, though, a recovery strap deliberately has some amount of stretch (which is what distinguishes it from a pure tow strap that isn't meant to stretch). The kinetic ropes stretch far more and will pop things out that would otherwise be much harder, but they're certainly not needed for most cases. They're also pricey and bulky. I'd skip it unless you know you want a snatch rope.

Either way, though, you're going to need a recovery hitch receiver in addition to a strap/rope, shackles, and gloves. Might as well get soft shackles these days, too, as they're not too expensive and avoid an extra piece of steel potentially flying around. Personally, I'd save the points for something else.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Unless you have a winch, most of that kit is not helpful. The snatch block and tree trunk strap are only used when winching. They're not useful otherwise.

I'm sure the recovery strap and d-rings in that kit are high quality, but you're paying for a lot of things you can't use there and missing something you'd need (a recovery hitch). You can get a high quality strap, shackles, and a receiver hitch for significantly less that what you're paying for that kit.

If you'd prefer a kinetic rope (aka stretch rope), you can get one for the price of that kit. By and large, though, a recovery strap deliberately has some amount of stretch (which is what distinguishes it from a pure tow strap that isn't meant to stretch). The kinetic ropes stretch far more and will pop things out that would otherwise be much harder, but they're certainly not needed for most cases. They're also pricey and bulky. I'd skip it unless you know you want a snatch rope.

Either way, though, you're going to need a recovery hitch receiver in addition to a strap/rope, shackles, and gloves. Might as well get soft shackles these days, too, as they're not too expensive and avoid an extra piece of steel potentially flying around. Personally, I'd save the points for something else.
Actually, you can use the tree trunk strap and snatch block without a winch. I have done this personally 2 different ways... A come along is a manual winch, and a lot easier with a couple snatch blocks reducing the strain on my muscles, just takes longer. The other is a high lift jack which is used the same method as a come along but you may need multiple straps.
Just remember slow steady and straight

OP
OP

Idontknow

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cross trek and grand caravan
I appreciate the information everyone.