Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
So this is the 3rd car I have had in its first model year. The last two were Lexus (NX and UX) and I had almost no issues with those. So far my BS has avoided being subject of any of the recalls, and I'm really enjoying it. Part of me wants to give Ford a pass since it is a brand new car and we're in some interesting times.
It's not just Ford that is having an issue, in the past week there have been five other vehicle manufacturers that have issued recall on their vehicles - Toyota recalling over 227,000 for failed brake boosters to name one.

Look at the bottom of the article from Consumer Reports about the Ford recall and you will see:

https://www.consumerreports.org/car-recalls-defects/ford-recalls-bronco-sport-escape-suvs-to-fix-brake-problems-a3523674714/
Sponsored

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
I agree much ado about nothing , everyone should be happy that Ford is updating their Vehicles through a recall & all of you who hate warranty work by their Dealer , should look for another Dealer . Ours was Build in Dec. of 2020 & has the Tow package & has no issues with the brakes .
Yes first edition built February 21 with tow package. So if it has tow package no recall. ??????? .

OP
OP
Whitenight

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes first edition built February 21 with tow package. So if it has tow package no recall. ??????? .
It actually looks like those with the 360+ package with the Adaptive Cruise Control won't be affected since the BS also controls the braking system through electronics.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
It actually looks like those with the 360+ package with the Adaptive Cruise Control won't be affected since the BS also controls the braking system through electronics.
Well we all know that all us folks that spent the extra money for the first edition got screwed out of 360+ . So I guess we will be recalled on this . Thanks for your response .

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
The NTSB letter specifically targets vehicles with the vacuum booster. The tech specs from Ford state the vacuum booster is standard and the electric booster is an option. Has anybody figured out if the electric booster was included in any of the optional packages (tow package, 360+) or specific trim level (Badlands, First Edition)? I don't remember seeing this option being available back when I ordered the Bronco Sport.
First off, I think this is a misreading of the recall notice. I have seen this same question posted on Faceplace. I believe all of the Bronco Sport use the same brake booster system. It is an all-in-one design with no separate reservoir, cylinder, booster components. The letter is not targeting the booster, it is targeting the pads. It is saying the pads are adequate for specifications when used with the vacuum booster designs and below specification when used with the electric boosting system, which Broncos use. Not that different Broncos use different boosters because the letter also addresses several models all at once.

Now I am not sure if its really that simple and if this is the part in question. But I looked at the brake booster on mine under the hood and part number lx6c-2d335-kd comes back as ELECTRIC ASSIST ABS BRAKE PUMP. So I am not sure if thats the booster they are talking about being either vacuum or electric. I can say if so I do not have the trailer tow, but do have CoPilot 360 Assist+ so maybe for the adaptive it has electronic...just a guess?

Ford Bronco Sport Ford Recalling Bronco Sports and Escapes Due to Defective Rear Brake Pads 20211203_084556
I'm guessing from the yellow glow that you have a Badlands or First Edition. I also have a Badlands and I do have the tow package and 360+ and I have the exact same booster. But as I said above, I think everyone will utilize the same part. If you look at the Ford parts site, you'll find just one brake booster listed.
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/brakes/other-brake-parts/brake-booster-assembly-13293401-1

Fordson04

Big Bend
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
HAHA no just a black BB. I am sure its just the way the camera pulled in the light this morning. I am not concerned either way was just throwing out the idea if this may or may not be the booster they are talking about. I have had no issues with the brakes and as the recall states its only in the event of brake booster failing, so it is what it is, if I need it fine and if I don't fine LOL.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
:thumbsup: Well there we go; a Big Bend no tow, and Badlands with tow, and we have the same part.

By the way, mine was built mid-April 2021. I fully expect to be in the recall even though the Ford site and app haven't notified me yet. I'm willing to wait a bit, get new brakes.

Fordson04

Big Bend
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I'm with you on that one...Nothing wrong with some free updated brakes!

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
And there is also nothing stopping you from buying a "foreign" car if you so desire. No matter which one you choose, they all come with their problems. Nothing is made by just one company anymore and you will have to deal with quality control issues no matter what you buy and from who. If you believe otherwise you're just fooling yourself but that is your prerogative, and none of the above is hard to comprehend.
So totally agree….and may I present 2020 headline. Recalls are what they are. Free parts. Things get fixed. We all move on. The auto industry is global now, parts from everywhere. The lot rots were caused by chip shortage. Where were chips made? Overseas. And if the chip ended up failing in a year and there was a recall, people would yell at Ford…when it is the chip maker. Global global global. I have loved every car I have had regardless knowing it is a car. I even had a Suzuki where we had to replace to brakes every 6 months or so and the dealer said….yeah, they made the brakes too small for the car weight….LOL. So we replaced the brakes. Still a good car! I had a Chevy that lasted forever and a Ford Mustang the same. My BMW made in Germany? Just had to have the top repaired under warranty cause the harnessing died and while they were doing that smoke started coming out the rear due to a PCV failure cause it was idling in the repair bay while they tested the top. BMWs are known to blow the valves when they idle due to high pressure from the turbo system. Long story short, all cars can have problems.

Ford Bronco Sport Ford Recalling Bronco Sports and Escapes Due to Defective Rear Brake Pads F7124707-0605-480D-9807-D63928FF468F

Last edited:

kcomeaux87

Big Bend
First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I just told my salesman about it and he was like no. I sent him the info from here. Plus someone who moved the Sport last week activated my pass app so I can see it’s GPS location. It was by the rails. Now it’s in a big parking lot. Looks like I won’t see mine year old Sport until next year.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Global global global. I have loved every car I have had regardless knowing it is a car. I even had a Suzuki where we had to replace to brakes every 6 months or so and the dealer said….yeah, they made the brakes too small for the car weight….LOL. So we replaced the brakes. Still a good car! I had a Chevy that lasted forever and a Ford Mustang the same. My BMW made in Germany? Just had to have the top repaired under warranty cause the harnessing died and while they were doing that smoke started coming out the rear due to a PCV failure.
I am seriously skeptical of the longevity for any modern made stuff, whether it's a car, an appliance, headphones or even Christmas Lights. Everything is planned to fail it seems. Something breaks, we just go get another because there are no parts or repairmen and the stuff is too small and complex for my workbench. I don't expect this Bronco to go as far as my last car, but I don't expect any new vehicle to do that. At least manufacturers seem a lot more willing to issue recalls than previously. I don't think they care more, just some litigious people had successes from time to time so they go into CYA mode.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I just told my salesman about it and he was like no. I sent him the info from here. Plus someone who moved the Sport last week activated my pass app so I can see it’s GPS location. It was by the rails. Now it’s in a big parking lot. Looks like I won’t see mine year old Sport until next year.
Yeah I read someone else who said you can tell your vehicle is ”born” when all of a sudden a button appears on your pass app because they activated the system in the car.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I am seriously skeptical of the longevity for any modern made stuff, whether it's a car, an appliance, headphones or even Christmas Lights. Everything is planned to fail it seems. Something breaks, we just go get another because there are no parts or repairmen and the stuff is too small and complex for my workbench. I don't expect this Bronco to go as far as my last car, but I don't expect any new vehicle to do that. At least manufacturers seem a lot more willing to issue recalls than previously. I don't think they care more, just some litigious people had successes from time to time so they go into CYA mode.
Those damn Christmas lights…. :cwl:

Reactions: Jrl
OP
OP
Whitenight

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In addition to doing it for CYA, since most manufacturers get their parts from other suppliers, the cost of replacing the failed part goes back to the supplier that manufactured the defective part in the first place. Any of the other costs that are incurred over it just gets past onto the consumer in the form of a higher price for the next model year - like the BS 2022MY.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Those damn Christmas lights…. :cwl:
Yeah, that was a little directed, heh. I'm just at the point where I am getting that stuff ready and I have a mix of light strings going back probably 50 years. Anything I have bulbs for or can get bulbs for is still in service. But I have LED strands that are like 5 years old where half are not lighting because either an LED failed, or the the resistor/rectifier pack failed. Even brand name stuff like GE. I can't get parts or fix them so they're just landfill. Heck, GE doesn't even make light bulbs anymore. That was bought out by a LED bulb maker owned by foreign private equity. Like you said, chips, chips, chips and all the various chips get made in all the same familiar places.
Sponsored