FORD PROTECT Extended Warranty purchased within the first year (Granger,Flood or Zeigler?)

RodNSA

Base
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
6 months ago, I did a cash purchase for my new '22 BRONCO SPORT and decided to wait to get me Extended Warranty and to shop around.
*** What do you think about ... GRANGER, FLOOD AND ZIEGLER???
*All seem to have extremely competitive prices.
*** ARE THEY ALL LEGIT???
Thanks!
Sponsored

coopny

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BS BL
All are legit as I understand it. I quoted with Granger and it was a very quick and smooth process to quote, and electronically sign to buy Premiumcare (extended warranty) and Triplecare (dent/windshield/tire and wheel coverage).

For PremiumCARE I gave the dealer I purchased my BS from the opportunity to counter Granger's offer (dealer cost + $50 markup) and they said their acquisition cost (price the dealer pays to ford for the warranty) was $1000 higher and there was no way they could meet that, Granger must do high volume, end of discussion on that and I bought it from Granger.

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
Replied to your FB post. All fine. Ask your dealer if they will match price. Mine did twice.

OP
OP
RodNSA

RodNSA

Base
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
All are legit as I understand it. I quoted with Granger and it was a very quick and smooth process to quote, and electronically sign to buy Premiumcare (extended warranty) and Triplecare (dent/windshield/tire and wheel coverage).

For PremiumCARE I gave the dealer I purchased my BS from the opportunity to counter Granger's offer (dealer cost + $50 markup) and they said their acquisition cost (price the dealer pays to ford for the warranty) was $1000 higher and there was no way they could meet that, Granger must do high volume, end of discussion on that and I bought it from Granger.
*So far this is similar to my experience. GRANGER is $900 less than my local Ford place and ZIEGLER is $800 less. Seems to good to be true so needed info to see if these quotes are legit or if it becomes a bait-n-switch then they ask for more $.

coopny

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BS BL
*So far this is similar to my experience. GRANGER is $900 less than my local Ford place and ZIEGLER is $800 less. Seems to good to be true so needed info to see if these quotes are legit or if it becomes a bait-n-switch then they ask for more $.
Granger was no nonsense - fill form for a quote, get price, agree to buy, they sent over the contract to sign and invoice via email, done. Absolutely painless, no haggling. My understanding is the other dealers you mentioned are similar, but I can personally attest that it was a smooth process with Granger.

Bill G

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport Badlands, 66 Tiger
Went w/Granger; good price and no hassle over internet. It showed up shortly on the MyFord app, so my local dealers can't miss it when the time comes.

OP
OP
RodNSA

RodNSA

Base
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Went w/Granger; good price and no hassle over internet. It showed up shortly on the MyFord app, so my local dealers can't miss it when the time comes.
*I went with Granger on Friday around 4:00 PM. My credit card showed pending until today, Sunday ... and now it shows Granger was paid ... BUT I HAVEN'T Heard from them yet, either by email or phone cal. Hopefully, tomorrow on Monday I'll hear from them, sign something and then see it on my Ford app 🤞.

Heart2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew
6 months ago, I did a cash purchase for my new '22 BRONCO SPORT and decided to wait to get me Extended Warranty and to shop around.
*** What do you think about ... GRANGER, FLOOD AND ZIEGLER???
*All seem to have extremely competitive prices.
*** ARE THEY ALL LEGIT???
Thanks!
I bought a Ford ESP from Granger for my '22 Bronco. Those three are all priced similarly. My ESP showed up on my FordPass app the next day. It's legit.

SeaJay

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Sport, Area 51, Hitch, Assist++
Thanks for the great info on the Granger option! My dealer snuck a 3rd party plan by me during the signing marathon that I then had to cancel later after I sat down with the paperwork and realized what had happened. Would have just been at the ford website buying at full price if not for the forum.

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport

Are you able to tell us how much you paid for Triplecare? The tire/wheel coverage sounds interesting but I don't know if I need the other. It would be different if they covered windshield replacement.

Do you know if the tire/wheel part covers whatever tire you have on there? Would they cover damaged wheels that happened while off-road?

coopny

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BS BL
Are you able to tell us how much you paid for Triplecare? The tire/wheel coverage sounds interesting but I don't know if I need the other. It would be different if they covered windshield replacement.

Do you know if the tire/wheel part covers whatever tire you have on there? Would they cover damaged wheels that happened while off-road?
TripleCARE was $495 dealer invoice + $50 dealer margin = $545 for 8 years/unlimited mileage.

TripleCARE TireCARE Plus terms in what I signed state:
Replacement of aftermarket tires and wheels must comply with manufacturer’s
warranty guidelines (i.e. modifications which would void the manufacturer’s
warranty are not covered).

So if you're putting on new tires/wheels that meet manufacture spec (size, width, speed rating, etc.) then you're good. If you do a lift and/or put on tires larger than Ford specced them for, no coverage.

The general exclusions section seems to exclude damage under all coverages if the vehicle is used offroad:
GENERAL EXCLUSIONS
[...]
vehicles used for competitive
driving, racing, off-road use, performance modified vehicles at point of sale (vehicles
that qualify for coverage at point of sale that are later altered or modified with
performance modified parts will be covered except for those failures or repairs
resulting from the performance modified parts that were not permanently affixed at
point of sale), vehicles with a voided warranty, branded title, salvaged title, rim
size greater than 22 inches, or 4X2 equipped vehicles modified with 4X4/AWD
capabilities. Pre-existing damage, conditions or wear.

TCBSport

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport, 2012 Land Rover LR4 5.0L
The Premium Care warranty details state either front wheel drive or rear wheel drive, NOT four wheel drive. So what components then, on a BSport Badlands would not be covered, e.g. twin clutch differential lock, GOAT modes, etc.?

SeaJay

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Sport, Area 51, Hitch, Assist++
Decided to go all in for the long haul with my 23 Outer Banks. Took the plunge with Granger and bought the 10 yr Premium Warranty. It was a lot but I figure 9 years from now, if a few things fail, it will seem like a bargain.

Reactions: Jrl

Outback Texan

Badlands
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I went with Grainger for my 2022 Badlands… just the 5year/60,000 mile Premium package, because I’ll trade the BS by then. It was a very smooth “no nonsense” deal that I paid for MOSTLY with points from my Ford Pass account!

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I forget if I’ve asked this…

If I get the Ford credit card, can I use that to buy this and get the points that go along with it?

Also, would I get a refund if I decided to sell or trade in my BS?
Sponsored