Geojive

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I remember seeing something regarding the Ford Protect maintenance plan and which dealer was cheapest to buy from. I can’t find it in the search function here.

as I recall, you can buy the Bronco Sport from any dealer and then shop around for the protection plan from whatever dealer has the cheapest price?

Also, are these plans really worth the money?
Sponsored

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
I Think of them for what they are, insurance. I bought a 1600 dollar plan, and only used it once. That one time I used it, The power steering rack failed while I was on vacation in North Carolina. The warranty paid the 1700 dollar repair , the towing to the local Ford dealer there, and trip interruption (2 hotel night stay and a rental). I’ll continue buying them but only at the right price. I would buy your vehicle at the dealer, within a year Check out lombard ford esp or zigler Ford esp ( two off the top of my head that end of being most competitive) and don’t look back.

OP
OP
Geojive

Geojive

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I Think of them for what they are, insurance. I bought a 1600 dollar plan, and only used it once. That one time I used it, The power steering rack failed while I was on vacation in North Carolina. The warranty paid the 1700 dollar repair , the towing to the local Ford dealer there, and trip interruption (2 hotel night stay and a rental). I’ll continue buying them but only at the right price. I would buy your vehicle at the dealer, within a year Check out lombard ford esp or zigler Ford esp ( two off the top of my head that end of being most competitive) and don’t look back.
i have a similar story but this was a Chester plan I bought on a usedVW I bought. It has several fears drop out and they paid for a rental car and the repair for a $100 deductible. I’ve just never bought one in a new car, but this being the 1st of a new model has me thinking it might be worth the expense, if just for the peace of mind.

That being said, if this is something I can shop Ford dealers for a better price would nice.

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
The other nice thing with the ESP is if you sell the vehicle before the warranty expires, you can either transfer it for a small fee to the next private party or get your money back in prorated form.
Sponsored