retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
I agree. My friend/salesman told me about this a while back. I won't buy what I can't see or test drive. The dealer with the vehicles will get the sales.
Agreed. The 2 BS I have purchased were off the lot. I like to touch and feel what I'm buying.
Sponsored

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
What concerns me with this model is if they continue to do the “Oh sh*t! We ran out of materials for engine covers! Start making and shipping them without them!” This could trickle to other parts….recovery hooks, passenger arm rests, etc. Things that could be dropped without having anything that says they are required. Owners would have to do detailed inspections to ensure everything they are used to being there is actually there.

Bronco II

Badlands
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost conv 50 Year App Package
Ford can't fill the orders they have right now hell they couldn't get the special orders they had before covid delivered them in any kind of timely manner. I'm not waiting six months for the car I want I'll buy it off the lot or from some car maker that's wants my money.

Pinski66

Badlands
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger,
I don't think build to order will be accepted by customers, people like buying off the lot. But, I did have a really good experience with the Ranger I ordered in June, and it got delivered in August. Ford offered the $1000 build to order rebate, $1500 in other rebates, 1.9% financing and the dealer accepted Z plan (Dads retired). I got the ranger exactly the way i wanted, well below msrp. The deposit I put down was refundable, so i go to test drive and inspect before i bought it. I would have preferred to have bought off the lot at the end of the year, but I think it worked out.
The Wife loves the BS, I really wanted her to get the 2.0. So we ordered a 2022 in September. I hope my luck holds out and that goes smoothly. I feel bad for the people waiting on chips for their cars for months with no communication.
Sponsored