Ford Marketing / Protection Issue!?

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
Having been told by my Dealer ( Chapman Ford) after my BS got to the them, that They did not do Price Protection, I called Ford Customer Service and Marketing and was told I had Price Protection, just as I thought, on my January, 2022 ordered BS. When I asked what I should do, when I picked up my car and being refused Price Protection, they said call 800-392-3673 and file a complaint and that it would be handled by Ford and if found in my favor, I would be getting a check from my dealer, for the difference.

So, I pick up my car last week and everything goes as expected, price protection denied. A few days later, I call the above number and eventually get sent back to Ford Marketing, then back to the above number 2-3 more times and back to Marketing where I'm now talking to the 2nd person there after the first had me on hold "while she looked something up" only to be transferred back to the automated system. So I ask the second person for her extension number, just incase, she says she has no extension! OK, here's my problem, I say. Denied Price Protection, Asked me, what and when I ordered, answer, 1/28/22 BS BL. She "checks the system" and comes back with The Bronco has had Price Protection since March of 2021. I tell her I didn't order a Bronco, I ordered a BS BL, rinse repeat, two more times and she comes back with "They are all the same". I tell her it was on their web site for most of 2022, 1/22-6/22? that the BS was one of the Price Protected cars. Now she comes back with "when you can prove that, send the info to so and so email address and we will take a look at it. Well, only thing I have is a screen shot of the $1000 order incentive!

Now, in my late 60's I don't have the best memory any more but unless I am very sadly mistaken, Price protection included 3 things, the above $1000 order incentive, which I got but also the better of the Ford finance interest rates based on order date or delivery date and if the Price went up, after you ordered, you were locked in to the ordered price. Apparently I need to prove this, last point, to Ford Marketing or whomever they eventually route me to.

So, If anyone has a screen shot or email from Ford, showing this last point, Please post it here or forward to me! My car went up 2K between order and delivery.
Sponsored

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
That’s BS. Bet Ford reimbursed them and they kept the money. Hope you get it squared away. Ford has been shady af lately. Maybe this will help some.
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/ford-price-protection-program-and-incentive-protection.10243/
The issue is with the dealer, not Ford. I'm surprised that Chapman is doing this. They have been a pretty good dealer based on the G6 site. That could really rub some people there wrong as they sold a bunch and most were under price protection.

Tall Timbers

Badlands
First Name
Tall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands Bronco Sp, 23 Ford F150 Hybrid (order)
When I place an order, I sign a document that has the agreed upon price minus any incentives on the document...

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Maybe this will help.
Ford Bronco Sport Ford Marketing / Protection Issue!? IMG_5585.PNG

P-NUT

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mkz, 2011 F150 FX4, 1975 MGB
Having been told by my Dealer ( Chapman Ford) after my BS got to the them, that They did not do Price Protection, I called Ford Customer Service and Marketing and was told I had Price Protection, just as I thought, on my January, 2022 ordered BS. When I asked what I should do, when I picked up my car and being refused Price Protection, they said call 800-392-3673 and file a complaint and that it would be handled by Ford and if found in my favor, I would be getting a check from my dealer, for the difference.

So, I pick up my car last week and everything goes as expected, price protection denied. A few days later, I call the above number and eventually get sent back to Ford Marketing, then back to the above number 2-3 more times and back to Marketing where I'm now talking to the 2nd person there after the first had me on hold "while she looked something up" only to be transferred back to the automated system. So I ask the second person for her extension number, just incase, she says she has no extension! OK, here's my problem, I say. Denied Price Protection, Asked me, what and when I ordered, answer, 1/28/22 BS BL. She "checks the system" and comes back with The Bronco has had Price Protection since March of 2021. I tell her I didn't order a Bronco, I ordered a BS BL, rinse repeat, two more times and she comes back with "They are all the same". I tell her it was on their web site for most of 2022, 1/22-6/22? that the BS was one of the Price Protected cars. Now she comes back with "when you can prove that, send the info to so and so email address and we will take a look at it. Well, only thing I have is a screen shot of the $1000 order incentive!

Now, in my late 60's I don't have the best memory any more but unless I am very sadly mistaken, Price protection included 3 things, the above $1000 order incentive, which I got but also the better of the Ford finance interest rates based on order date or delivery date and if the Price went up, after you ordered, you were locked in to the ordered price. Apparently I need to prove this, last point, to Ford Marketing or whomever they eventually route me to.

So, If anyone has a screen shot or email from Ford, showing this last point, Please post it here or forward to me! My car went up 2K between order and delivery.
Don't know if this helps but it is the base more for a badlands along with the delivery cost, both went up in price. I have other documents with the pricing with my options.

Ford Bronco Sport Ford Marketing / Protection Issue!? Screenshot_20220803-162853_Messages

OP
OP
Bluebaru

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe this will help.
Ford Bronco Sport Ford Marketing / Protection Issue!? IMG_5585.PNG
Now if I just had a date with this info and it was clearly shown to come from Ford, I could prove it to Marketing and move on to the next step and file a claim against my dealer.

I went by the local dealer today to get a license plate bracket, as Chapman didn't give me one for the front either and a front license is required here. A nice sales man walks by and asked me about the MINI I'm driving and has a for sale sign in the window. He then asked if he could help me with anything. I ask him if he can run the Smart Vincent report for me for January . I go to parts and he comes back a little later and says because it's another dealer, he can't run the report. I explain the issues, mentioned in my first post, he says maybe the Finance manager can help in some way. I see her, can't help, "you need to talk to the sales manager" I talk to him, he says he can't help but gives me his card after a long discussion. Says call him if I can help him with anything. Everybody is super nice but I get nowhere. Manager, tells me it's just crazy, that Price protection has been in place most of the year and has sold any number of cars that had customers save $$ on, because of it. But he can't put his hands on anything that says that now or has a date.

Can any one provide me with a Smart Vincent Report, from January? I don't car how you get it and no one will know, I got it from you, unless you want it known. Local dealer told me I should ask Chapman, I'm thinking RIGHT. Like they were so much help before, when they denied Price Protection and overnighted my title 4 days later.

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
This is one of my biggest fears when my BS BL comes in. I know my dealer pretty well, and they have never screwed me over. But I'm just worried they may try to pull the same thing now since dealers are actually getting away with it.

On a side note. My understanding that if it is a custom personal order, not inventory dealer related. It should automatically be enrolled in this. If it wasn't then I would assume the dealer didn't do the order correctly.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bluebaru

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is one of my biggest fears when my BS BL comes in. I know my dealer pretty well, and they have never screwed me over. But I'm just worried they may try to pull the same thing now since dealers are actually getting away with it.

On a side note. My understanding that if it is a custom personal order, not inventory dealer related. It should automatically be enrolled in this. If it wasn't then I would assume the dealer didn't do the order correctly.
I can't say. I had an order number from the beginning and I got the $1000 order incentive, even though they said they didn't know anything about that when I ordered. I got that straight, through either Marketing or Chat and got my certificate number weeks ahead of time and gave Chapman the number. At least that's one thing they sort of got right.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22

Just to be clear, Price Protection is separate from the $1,000 order credit; and any other incentives like low interest rates.

I'm glad you received the $1,000 order credit.

For information on Ford's ongoing Price Protection Program, you might want to check out this thread:
https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/70860-ford-retail-price-increases/&page=4

At least two of the guys posting appear to be with Ford (or a dealer) and are very knowledgeable.

One of my posts from that thread (2/25/22):

"Our Badlands is currently "in production" so we're hoping to take delivery in about a month. I've been trying to make sure everything goes smoothly,

GOOD NEWS!: I just got off the phone with the sales manager at our local dealer. He said Automatic Price Protection is SOP. They deal with it all the time. The customer simply pays the agreed upon price and the dealership is reimbursed by Ford. He said a lot of people have been asking about price protection recently. Hopefully that is an indication of how most other dealerships handle it.

I was prepared for him to act like he'd never heard of price protection, or say it did not apply to our purchase, so I was pleasantly surprised."

~

From everything I've read, Price Protection is a long-standing Ford policy.

For an example, see the Ford memo posted on page 4:

"Mid-Year Pricing Effective February 28, 2022 and March 1, 2022"

"PRICE PROTECTION For February 28th Effective Changes
2022 model units invoiced prior to February 28th, 2022 will not be re-invoiced."

"Automatic price protection will be provided on:
• Firm 2022-model fleet, retail, and demonstrator orders signed and dated on or before February27th, 2022, and received by Ford Motor Company on or before March 3rd, 2022."

~

The above is typical language found on every price increase memo I've seen . The BS trims are listed, price increases in this case are from $500 to $1,000.

Every price increase memo for the time period you're concerned with should be on that thread.

They are Ford memos and clearly state that the buyer will not have to pay the increase. Price increases only apply going forward, to future orders.

In a sense buyers are "grandfathered" and pay only the amount they originally agreed to.

If, after being shown those memos, your dealer still is in grand theft mode and will not abide by Ford's rules and generally accepted business ethics, your Attorney General might be interested to know how they are treating their customers.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/members/ford-motor-company.4684/
perhaps message @FordMotorCompany with your VIN...the user seems to reach out to a lot of members here. This is a no brainer. When my order went through the standard delays my dealer insisted I will pay the lowest possible price through the duration, including the best rebates and incentives no matter when it came it. If incentives were better five months later that's what I would get...your dealer screwed you unfortunately. Price protection is one of Ford's biggest promotions right now in crazy build delay land.

Broncette

Badlands
First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
So if they were going to cut you a check for the difference, were they also going to cut you a check for the increase in taxes you were going to pay? That's just not right.

Can you call back and speak to someone else at Ford customer service? Ford Video Guy is a sales manager for Ford on YouTube that has video about price protection. Maybe he can help if you message him?

I believe your window sticker will show whether or not you were a retail order vs dealer order if you want to double check that.

SgtT11B

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2020 Ford Mustang GT
I have to say, I wish my 2022 BS had the memory driver seat. My wife and I switch off a lot. I wonder if this can be added retroactively.

OP
OP
Bluebaru

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any update Bluebaru?
Not yet, I have some legal matters I’ve been attending to and have been doing lots of prep, for my first two day camping trip, to the mountains, with my brother, before we go to the NH Off rodeo, in September.
Sponsored