First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
So far no recall on my '21 Sport. Haven't have any brake noises, no rattles, no issues yet so far.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
So far no recall on my '21 Sport. Haven't have any brake noises, no rattles, no issues yet so far.
‘22 Badlands here. No recalls either. Brakes bellow in the morning but that really doesn’t bother me. I’ve got a V-twin with pipes I start early in the morning when I leave. I’m guessing the whales talking are more appreciated than the loud “potato-potato-potato”

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
This is really sad.
Sad that there were so many recalls, yes. Sad that Ford had more recalls than other automakers? I'm not so sure. Issuing a recall demonstrates commitment to acknowledge and fix problems.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure you understand how the recall process works. Yes, manufacturers can decide to initiate a recall on their own and most do but if they choose not to, the NHTSA has the authority to intervene and initiate a recall on their own. You make it sound like a manufacturer can have a major safety issue and just say "ehhh, screw em". I've owned a few different makes and by far, Ford outnumbers them all combined for the amount of recalls issued.
No, I understand how the recall system works. Not all recalls are for "major safety issues."

OP
OP

GT1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw x1, 1965 mustang GT convert
Same here with one of the first BL produced, but very low mileage use so far.

For people who might only read the headline this article has a lot of surprising facts. 20% of all Fords manufactured in 2022 had a recall. And here is how Ford compared to two other high recall companies:

Ford 8.6 million recalls in 2022
Tesla 3.75 million recalls in 2022
GM 3.4 million realls in 2022

No judgement, but the facts are eye opening and Farley has repeatedly stated as much that quality is an issue at Ford. This shows the magnitude of the problem versus competitors.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, just me laughing at your passive aggressive game of using semantics to try and hide your lack of understanding.
I'm not sure how you get passive aggressive from my post, nor do I understand how I'm "using semantics" to hide a lack of understanding. Semantics is the study of meaning, so applying semantics is an attempt to INCREASE understanding. For example, the word "sad" as you used it can be interpreted to mean different things. I agreed with you on one of the ways it might be interpreted, and disagreed with you on another. What am I hiding?

I'm starting to think you're either a Ford employee or the world's biggest Ford fanboy. Calling companies out whether you like them or not is what's best for the consumer and Ford deserves to be called out when it comes to recalls. Even Ford's CEO says they need to do better with recalls.
It's remarkable that you got all that based on my disagreement with a single aspect of how some might interpret the word "sad" as you used it. Let's review:
  • I agreed with you that the number of recalls Ford has issued is troubling.
  • I have posted extensively on this site regarding recalls; their purpose, the process, Ford's leadership involvement, etc.
  • In many posts I have noted that Ford is behind the eight ball on recalls, and it has dealt with the supply chain issues very badly. So badly, in fact, it has created an executive leadership position specifically to address the problem.
My one and only point is that a recall isn't necessarily bad, and that one might be viewed as a manufacturer's commitment to owning up to its mistakes. You can certainly argue that you would prefer Ford find and fix mistakes before they find their way to customers, and I would also agree with you there. But any human endeavor necessarily involves mistakes, and I view it as a good thing when the responsible party owns up to and fixes them.

What flavor is your kool-aid btw?
Cyber Orange, of course. :bandit:

DemonGT

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Heritage Limited

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Recalls, quality issues, ect ect ect.....I saw a lot of happy Sport buyers before I bought mine. Seen some lemon buy backs too. The competition sells dull boring putt putt jelly beans. So I said yep gonna take a chance since most sports seemed to be good and most sport owners are happy. So far has worked out great for me. If mine blows up or transforms into a lemon later well so be it I bought what I wanted and very happy with it so far.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haven't read any of your drivel...
LOL! Yes, some of what I write is most certainly drivel. But it's MY drivel, and I enjoy writing it.
...because I'm more than sure very little of it has to do with the frequency of Recalls from Ford.
That's the problem with assumptions...
You're just "that guy" on every forum who thinks just because they spent an hour writing and revising a post that it actually has validity.
An hour? Sometimes, but not on this post.
Enjoy the kool aid.
Thank you, it's delicious!

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
I say if you are not comfortable buying a Ford go do some research and buy another brand you have confidence in. Don't get stuck with a lemon. If you have lemon Ford sell it to CarMax or other go buy another brand. Do what you feel what is in your best interest. Best wishes you get a vehicle you are happy with. carcomplaints.com

Bickering back and forth on this forum with ppl have had good luck with there Sport is not getting you anywhere.

Bronco Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape
Just to kind of back some of you guys up on this debate, my best friend has a 2012 Hyundai Elantra and it and quite a few others from that model year up until they redesigned the rear taillights with new lighting, the bulbs go out frequently which is because of Hyundai’s bad design, yet Hyundai has refused to recall them. I see that as a safety risk since that’s the brake lights, taillights, and turn signal lights that are constantly going out, but as I said Hyundai refuses to recall them. So it is an auto manufacturer’s choice to issue recalls.
Sponsored