Bronco Sport Badlands 2022
Last edited:

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Ya they can get fucked. Can you imagine spending that kind of money on a BroncoSport? I sure as hell can’t. You can get an awful lot of car for 75K.

What’s really really funny though…this is where I got my car. I got it for MSRP no markup and not a lot of hassle really.

Last edited:

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Have you ever wanted to pay for a loaded full size Bronco but only get the Sport?

Well, now you can!

The audacity these shady dealerships have continues to shock me. Makes me wonder how much they must be asking for that Mach E sitting next to the Sport. You'd probably have to take out a second mortgage.

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Have you ever wanted to pay for a loaded full size Bronco but only get the Sport?

Well, now you can!

The audacity these shady dealerships have continues to shock me. Makes me wonder how much they must be asking for that Mach E sitting next to the Sport. You'd probably have to take out a second mortgage.
For that amount of money you can get a well equipped current model year BMW X5 or Big Bronco or anything else really. I can’t imagine someone would say no, I don’t want all that of any of those, I want an overpriced CUV…

Well say no more, North County Ford in Vista, CA had just the car for you.

OuterBanks25

Outer Banks
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
I thought these absurd markups were over now that the market is starting to catch up. Boy was I wrong! That's insane for a Bronco Sport! You can get a nicely equipped full-size Bronco at sticker for that price! Even if it is the Heritage Edition Limited, there's no way in hell it's worth a penny over sticker which is already steep at $46,000. They have a lot of nerve to pull this s*** with the rise of interest rates, inflation, and cooling automotive market. This is something you would've seen back in 2021 when there was absolutely no inventory! Sure it's far from recovery but it has gotten better since so in my mind, there's no reason for this kind of markup! They can suck it!

OP
OP

DCBadlands

Badlands
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands 2022
Local dealer has my ideal full size Bronco on the lot. 2 door, v6, lux package, green, hardtop, badlands......10k markup, the thing is collecting dust at this point. I hope their floorplan catches up with them and charges then crazy interest on it.
At that price it would still be about $10K cheaper than this Heritage sport. Good to you for staying strong!

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I really believe that this should be illegal. I struggle to find any way to justify these insane markups.
It's a market signal to Ford (and other manufacturers) to produce more vehicles. Which, of course, they can't because the supply chain is still dorked up.

Personally, I don't have a problem with it. Dealerships all took a hit because they don't have cars to sell. Marking up the popular models helps them make some of the shortfall in revenue. And if someone is willing to pay the markup who am I to shame them? It's their money...

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
I can see it both ways. It's their inventory. I wouldn't want to be told how much I could sale something for that I own. We live in a consumer/ capitalist society. But as a consumer you have to use your best judgement when making a purchase, paying markups on new cars is a losing proposition. Cars lose value off of their MSRP not what you decided to paid over. Guarantee they will want out of it after 3 years, not going to happen.

Dealers are/were hurting and that's how they justified these markups. Now all of their customers that they ripped off are now out of the game. They can't afford to trade in to purchase their next vehicle. So now they have buyers that refuse to be ripped off and will just hang on to what they have and potential buyers that are stuck with what they have because they are so underwater.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
It's a market signal to Ford (and other manufacturers) to produce more vehicles. Which, of course, they can't because the supply chain is still dorked up.

Personally, I don't have a problem with it. Dealerships all took a hit because they don't have cars to sell. Marking up the popular models helps them make some of the shortfall in revenue. And if someone is willing to pay the markup who am I to shame them? It's their money...
After multiple bad experiences over the last ~40 years, I'm the last person to defend car dealerships, but I'm with Mark on this.

I've been hit with 'ADM' more than once, going back to the 1980s -- the Buick Regal Grand National and the 1st or 2nd year Acura Integra are 2 off the top of my head. It was frustrating, but I just walked. I still remember the Acura salesman saying, "Yeah, $5,000 over sticker (that's ~$13,600 in today's dollars: https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/) is crazy, but someone will pay it." He may have been right, but it wasn't going to be me.

Last minute ADM when a special ordered vehicle arrives (aka 'extortion') is one thing -- but a car/truck that's in dealer inventory is something else.

Any individual or business that is selling something wants top dollar. That's natural. What they paid for it and/or the MSRP, is irrelevant. If any of us were selling our Bronco Sport, we would look at recent sales and price accordingly. If buyers are still frantic to get their hands on a BS, and they are willing to pay an insane price, well, good for us.

I completely agree that $75K For $46K Bronco Sport Heritage Edition is outrageous, but the dealer is free to ask whatever they want (unless their contract with the mfr says otherwise) -- and people are free to laugh and move on.

Last edited:

Retrosport

Outer Banks
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Yep, unbelievable! However if you would like to buy one, I suspect you could pick one up at msrp with a little searching outside your immediate area.
Sponsored