Weston52

Big Bend
First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Solara, 91 Miata
I took delivery of my cactus gray Big Bend last Friday and could not be more delighted. What I can’t quite figure out is what exactly the Copilot 360 is that is listed as standard equipment. I find no reference to that term in the manual but wonder if it is the catch all term for the various driver assist features that I didn’t expect to have?
Sponsored

Theowlhoothoot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Click the button on the left stick of your steering wheel to enable it.

In the car menu you can turn on all of the assist functions.

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
I took delivery of my cactus gray Big Bend last Friday and could not be more delighted. What I can’t quite figure out is what exactly the Copilot 360 is that is listed as standard equipment. I find no reference to that term in the manual but wonder if it is the catch all term for the various driver assist features that I didn’t expect to have?
360 is fancy marketing for
Federally mandated back up cameras
Headlights that shut the brights off for incoming traffic
Lane keep assist ( warring not active help )
Pretty much standard equipment these days

360+ is another story it is a full suite of driver and safety aids ( 360+ and trailer hitch. We’re my only requirements when I got my vehicle off a dealers lot ) 360+ Should lower insurance premiums by more than the cost

OP
OP
Weston52

Weston52

Big Bend
First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Solara, 91 Miata
Wow, that’s a perfect pair of responses covering what it is and how to turn it on! I had stumbled across the various turn on turn on/off switches on the info screen but had no clue I had those features let alone how to turn them on. Don’t know about the rest of it but the auto braking thing gets my wifes attention.
Thanks, guys.

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
Wow, that’s a perfect pair of responses covering what it is and how to turn it on! I had stumbled across the various turn on turn on/off switches on the info screen but had no clue I had those features let alone how to turn them on. Don’t know about the rest of it but the auto braking thing gets my wifes attention.
Thanks, guys.
Ya the auto braking is great for those that don't keep there eyes on the road........... Like texting or yapping on the phone and doing make-up.

OP
OP
Weston52

Weston52

Big Bend
First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Solara, 91 Miata
OK, I have the collision avoidance set to Normal, whatever that means. Is it “on” all of the time or does it depend on the same button that activates the lane keeping system?
I’ve tried playing chicken a few times coming up too close to someone for my comfort without triggering anything. I get the feeling that rather than provide a warning it waits for an “Oh Sh*t” moment to activate.
Anyone have any actual experience with this?

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
So far I have only noticed the auto braking activate when on cruise. It could have been because I was going above 35 which is where I recall the active lane-keeping on my wife's Explorer turns on.
Sponsored