Fuzzbear

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, '21 Badlands (RIP), '02 Ranger Edge
The Ford site still has the 2021 builds for some reason. What packages did you have on your Badlands? Unfortunately Rapid Red was discontinued and replaced with Hot Pepper Red for MY22.

But otherwise you should be able to get the same stuff -- even if it takes awhile for Ford to actually assemble.

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/attachments/2022-bronco-sport-order-guide-pdf.14637/
It won't let me add both the Badlands package and the tow package, makes me pick one or the other. My destroyed BS had both.
Sponsored

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
It won't let me add both the Badlands package and the tow package, makes me pick one or the other. My destroyed BS had both.
Guess the Ford website isn't updated to reflect the MY22 changes. If you check the build guide, the Badlands package is now called the Premium Package on the Badlands trim. Tow package is still available as well.

Fuzzbear

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guess the Ford website isn't updated to reflect the MY22 changes. If you check the build guide, the Badlands package is now called the Premium Package on the Badlands trim. Tow package is still available as well.
It's only showing 2021 build options throughout. I don't know why I can't select both the BL package and the tow package since that's exactly what mine had. I know I'll never find one in the wild for sale now; the evaluation service my insurance used could only find two comparable vehicles in the entire state, when they normally use four to determine average value. (One of those has already been sold, the other is white and lacks the tow package plus something they list as the "assistance package" they say mine had.)

I would guess that if I give up on trying to replace the 2021, it would take, what, at least six months to get a 2022? I've never cried this much over an inanimate object in my life.

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2021 Ranger Tremor
Thanks for the thoughts. Unfortunately, no, I actually canā€™t get another one, at least not what I had. Weā€™ve literally scoured listings all over the country and there are none. When I try to do build and price on the Ford site, it wonā€™t let me add all the packages I had on mine for some reason.
Iā€™m really sorry to hear that. I believe they are changing the packages for 2022. I do hope you find some sort of equivalent to what you had/are looking for.

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Get the BL package and add a hitch at uhaul would be my comprise.

Fuzzbear

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Get the BL package and add a hitch at uhaul would be my comprise.
Iā€™ve since learned the B+P feature is useless right now because it hasnā€™t been updated for MY2022 and they arenā€™t building new 2021 orders. Iā€™m going to a dealer to find out about ordering a 2022.

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
Every time I open my garage and see my Bronco Sport and my Mustang, my heart races. Oh and I've started calling the garage "The Stable"
My Sentiments Exactly !!!

Tall Timbers

Badlands
First Name
Tall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands Bronco Sp, 23 Ford F150 Hybrid (order)
I wonder how Ford will refresh the Escape lineup now that Bronco Sport and Maverick are rolling off the line.
The Escape is an SUV that with Gen 4 looks a lot like a sedan that sits a little higher than normal. It might be attractive to people who still want sedans. I have a gen 3 Escape and when I first saw the gen 4 I knew I would never own one. Thankfully Ford introduced the Bronco Sport in a timely fashion...

Reactions: MJE

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
The Escape is an SUV that with Gen 4 looks a lot like a sedan that sits a little higher than normal. It might be attractive to people who still want sedans. I have a gen 3 Escape and when I first saw the gen 4 I knew I would never own one. Thankfully Ford introduced the Bronco Sport in a timely fashion...
I really liked the Gen 3 actually. It just looked good, really a nice application of Fordā€™s Kinetic design. Iā€™d ordered one that had it actually come in Iā€™d still be driving rather than ordering a Sport now. The Gen 4 really yes to me looks like a car intended to replace the focus rather than being an SUV in its own right. Not a bad design, it offers a few more features and economy, and is priced right, but really doesnā€™t inspire passion, certainly not like the Sport does.

Tall Timbers

Badlands
First Name
Tall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands Bronco Sp, 23 Ford F150 Hybrid (order)
I really liked the Gen 3 actually.
To be honest, I didn't really like the looks of the gen 3 Escape either but I bought it because I pretty much just buy Ford nowadays. It's a great vehicle. I liked the boxy gen 2 Escape look, which makes the BS an obvious choice for me. I do think that the gen 4 Escape was designed with capturing sedan drivers in mind.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
To be honest, I didn't really like the looks of the gen 3 Escape either but I bought it because I pretty much just buy Ford nowadays. It's a great vehicle. I liked the boxy gen 2 Escape look, which makes the BS an obvious choice for me. I do think that the gen 4 Escape was designed with capturing sedan drivers in mind.
The Gen 2ā€™s were also quite long lasting. Nowadays the Gen 1ā€˜s have disappeared from the roads here, but Gen 2ā€™s are still common. My next door neighbors have one & love it. My neighbor across the street just traded hers in. Itā€™s hard to believe the newest Gen 2ā€™s are now a decade old. The Sport appears to be a worthy replacement for sure.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I do think that the gen 4 Escape was designed with capturing sedan drivers in mind.
Also aerodynamics. It's a lot slicker than the outgoing model. The wife averaged around 29 mpg with her Gen 3 Escape. It's closer to 32 mpg with the Gen 4.

I don't mind the swoopy lines on the Gen 4, but I'm an airplane guy, so form follows function. The Escape was never going to be a capable off-roader, so there was no sense (to me) in trying to make it look like one. I'll take the better efficiency that comes with a slippery shape.

Seebs

Badlands
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badland/2013 Mustang Convertible
Every time I open my garage and see my Bronco Sport and my Mustang, my heart races. Oh and I've started calling the garage "The Stable"
Ha! I have a stable as well, currently containing a 2013 Mustang V6 convertible, soon to be accompanied by a 2022 BS Badlands. Cannot wait!
Sponsored