RogueRodney

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Atlas Blue Metallic
Bronco Sport Nationites... (do we have a name?)

I saw an add for a Bronco Heads Up Display, was wondering if anyone has seen one for the Bronco Sport, or if they have used one for something else (like a Ranger) as a proxy and how it is working.

https://www.f150leds.com/products/2019-2022-ford-ranger-mkii-heads-up-display-hud-windshield-display-system?variant=41553549033643&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gclid=CjwKCAiA85efBhBbEiwAD7oLQM2YVM5CjjQDBwC0EzIozrpvAm0d-Zx-EuZMd2-qGB4FxCQYnkBbSxoC5rUQAvD_BwE

Thoughts/Feedback Appreciated.

RR
Sponsored

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS Badlands; '23 BS Badlands; BMW X3, X7
No real feedback for you....I'd seen that, as well. Could be interesting, but I've got heads Up Display in another vehicle, and have had it in other vehicles through the years, and realized that a) I never pay attention to it and b ) If you typically wear polarized sunglasses, the heads-up display will become essentially invisible. I wear polarized sunglasses every time I go outside, so these things don't work for me.

OP
OP
RogueRodney

RogueRodney

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Atlas Blue Metallic
Thanks Delm...

RR

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Interesting idea, wonder why the company doesn't have a listing for the Bronco Sport, yet they have the Ranger and Maverick.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Interesting idea, wonder why the company doesn't have a listing for the Bronco Sport, yet they have the Ranger and Maverick.
The Ranger is a different platform. The Maverick however is a sign that it could work on the BS.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
[QUOTE="Meanderthal, post: 143010, member: 7541"
The Ranger is a different platform. The Maverick however is a sign that it could work on the BS.
[/QUOTE]

In reality, it does a small portion of what a decent live data ODBIi reader can do.
It can display speed, RPM, voltage, temperature, etc, just in a HUD format. The displayed information depends on the manufacturers ODBII system of what data is accessible. I almost don't think that it matters what the platform is as long as the data is available through the ODBII port, that's how the HUD display is connected and is how it gets the data to display.

Last edited:

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I'm leery about anything that stays plugged in to the OBDII port. These vehicles rely heavily on computer integration between pretty much all the systems, and the OBDII port provides a two-way—read & write—connection to them. A defective device plugged into the OBDII port can wreak all kinds of havoc.

Here's a cautionary tale.

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport

I saw an add for a Bronco Heads Up Display, was wondering if anyone has seen one for the Bronco Sport, or if they have used one for something else (like a Ranger) as a proxy and how it is working.

https://www.f150leds.com/products/2019-2022-ford-ranger-mkii-heads-up-display-hud-windshield-display-system?variant=41553549033643&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gclid=CjwKCAiA85efBhBbEiwAD7oLQM2YVM5CjjQDBwC0EzIozrpvAm0d-Zx-EuZMd2-qGB4FxCQYnkBbSxoC5rUQAvD_BwE

RR
I've seen ads for various products that project on the windshield. Rather than being a convenience, I think they would be distracting while driving. Especially at night. Just my opinion.

jason202

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2009 Volvo C30 T5
We test drove a Lincoln Corsair about a year ago when we were just getting started car shopping, and the heads up display was one feature the Corsair had that I'd wished you could get on the Bronco Sport. I thought it really helped me keep my eyes on the road.

coopny

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BS BL
I just got my car, but I'm going to put in a relatively obscure heads up display called a Navdy in my car. (Founded ~2012, broke 2017, hobbyist community took to updating firmware and map update instructions - had it in my last car, will migrate to the BS when I have the chance).

Nothing aftermarket is going to touch the visual acuity of something installed in the vehicle designed to project against a built-in focusing lens or the car's specific windshield, but the Navdy is probably the most functional (in terms of display and feature functionaity) that I've seen on the market.

My only concern is the molding of the dash might be a little short for Navdy's mount, but I'll report back in when get around to flashing firmware/downloading & updating maps/putting in the vehicle...

I will say in my last car (2015 Fusion) I found the HUD indispensable, while I do miss it the larger screen in the instrument cluster in my Badlands on calm screen has been a reasonable substitute. I'll be installing the HUD still, but I don't miss it as much in the meantime as I thought I would.

Sleddog

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Cactus Grey.
I’m used to HUDs, in military aircraft. What is displayed in the automotive world, to me, is basically useless.

davidb1841

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250 Tremor; Bronco Sport Outer Banks

RR
The same people make one for the Ford Maverick (Mav, Sport, Escape are all the same vehicle)....I am betting it would work as is...and its on sale for 199 right now......
Sponsored