Ford Bronco Sport engineer reveals SUV's smallest design secrets - via Detroit Free Press

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
OP
OP
greenlaker

greenlaker

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport/'15 M-B Sprinter Crew/'01 S2000
"Most people don't realize that you can design out most display reflections and glare."
I guess the people designing the hood shape that reflects the sun right into my eyeballs didn't get this message.
Ha, I have yet to experience that, but will likely do so on the first big holiday road trip in a few weeks.

M3H7363

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT
"Most people don't realize that you can design out most display reflections and glare."
I guess the people designing the hood shape that reflects the sun right into my eyeballs didn't get this message.
I guess you missed the part where he said "display". Has nothing to do with the hood or any other areas of the vehicle.

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
I guess you missed the part where he said "display". Has nothing to do with the hood or any other areas of the vehicle.
Doesn’t change the fact that the hood shape is rather stupid. Looks cute, but is a problem for glare if your commute takes you the right way in low sun.

OP
OP
greenlaker

greenlaker

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport/'15 M-B Sprinter Crew/'01 S2000
Doesn’t change the fact that the hood shape is rather stupid. Looks cute, but is a problem for glare if your commute takes you the right way in low sun.
Not only does it give the vehicle a little more character, but those bulges also give the hood a lot more rigidity. Note that I am admittedly playing armchair engineer here.

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
True that. My wifes highlanders screen is horrid with sun glare.

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
Not only does it give the vehicle a little more character, but those bulges also give the hood a lot more rigidity. Note that I am admittedly playing armchair engineer here.
I appreciate the character and the (potential) rigidity, but the way it was done perhaps is lacking. I like the bits of styling that are old truck old Land Rover old bronco stuck into this thing. But it shouldn’t come at the expense of usability. ?

Mister E

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands (on order)
Ford Bronco Sport Ford Bronco Sport engineer reveals SUV's smallest design secrets - via Detroit Free Press 1638766935968

Coming from prior military service (Army Infantry)...I understand the application of MOLLE straps for the BS.

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Yes! That is about my only complaint. It normally doesn't last long but those reflection off the bulges on either side can get nasty.

Tawnygal

First Edition
First Name
TK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tonyadoughty.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport FE, 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
They did miss that mark. I've never had a vehicle with more hood reflection.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22