Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Mark, Thanks for posting. Good video for those new into these vehicles.

Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL
This actually answered questions I had about the Maverick. For now, if I were to get a truck I'd probably do the new ranger, but maybe I'll wait and see what off road enhancements they give to the maverick over the next year or two.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Thank you Mark! I enjoyed the watch and as an Outer Banks owner, I have a better understanding of what I should and should not do. And I like that I made that choice for the kind of person I am.

(translation: I would have tried some really stupid things beyond my capabilities)

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wonder how many people actually thought their Bronco Sport was a true 4x4
Only the old guys will remember getting out and manually locking up the front wheels at the hub. :’P
I beg your pardon, I resemble that remark!

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I wonder how many people actually thought their Bronco Sport was a true 4x4
Only the old guys will remember getting out and manually locking up the front wheels at the hub. :’P
guilty. 79 Bronco...STOP vehicle. Locate Red locking hubs. Turn right hub, turn left hub. Enter vehicle, carefully pull the floor shifter into 4H assuming highway speeds. 4L ONLY for low range under 25mph. AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP the vehicle and unlock the hubs if you encounter dry pavement or you'll bind up the front axle and have serious issues.
love...dad. OR ELSE.

OP
OP
Mark S.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP the vehicle and unlock the hubs if you encounter dry pavement or you'll bind up the front axle and have serious issues.
love...dad. OR ELSE.
Me old Gaffer didn't request so much as direct. I can't blame him too much; it was his truck, and we were teenaged boys driving a ginormous Ford truck with a ginormous 400 cu in V8. He just said, "If I ever find out you locked these hubs for any reason, I will kill you. And don't think I won't. I made you--I can make another one just like you."

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Betcha there’s a bunch a young tarts scratching their heads trying ya think of something to say to us old farts so they can sound smart about manual locking hubs.
I may as well tell these Glamping wilderness wannabes
The truth.
You didn’t dare engage your hubs until you were stuck, because if ya rode down a trail in full lock 4x4 and got stuck your on the Warner or needing a snatch rope pull from another 4x4. And you had to get out often in deep wet mud.
Any old timers remember hooking up the snatchers Making a train ?

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Back in the day 4 wheeling took three things.
1. Horsepower,
2. BMF Tires, (Bad Mother Fffffff)
3. A Skilled Driver,

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Maybe things have improved. I ranger on an extremely soft sand beach (the rest of the rangers are waiting for me get up the guts to take my BS BL out :crazy: ). Our F-250 ranger truck has manual front lockers and we only unlock them when we drive 10 miles of pavement to fuel up. Every shift they stay locked running from the beach to our barn which includes a half mile of pavement. 13K miles and no issues.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Betcha there’s a bunch a young tarts scratching their heads trying ya think of something to say to us old farts so they can sound smart about manual locking hubs.
I may as well tell these Glamping wilderness wannabes
The truth.
You didn’t dare engage your hubs until you were stuck, because if ya rode down a trail in full lock 4x4 and got stuck your on the Warner or needing a snatch rope pull from another 4x4. And you had to get out often in deep wet mud.
Any old timers remember hooking up the snatchers Making a train ?
You mean lockers were not always controlled by hero switches on the dash? :cool: 🤔

snatch straps. You’d a thought yankum ropes were just invented the way people talk.

I will say, soft shackles are the cats butts though!
Sponsored