Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza
The article states that it starting with the F-150, Mach-E and Bronco then eventually trickling down to the rest of the fleet so I am assuming that means out 2021 Bronco Sports aren't getting it but future ones are. I could be happily surprised though. You read the whole article here and here.
Sponsored

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
The article states that it starting with the F-150, Mach-E and Bronco then eventually trickling down to the rest of the fleet so I am assuming that means out 2021 Bronco Sports aren't getting it but future ones are. I could be happily surprised though. You read the whole article here and here.
A new round of Sync updates just went out last week along with a lengthy letter also of what is coming (I had 2 Escapes that I needed to update and each one took over half an hour to complete). The OTA and Alexa-built in is only for Sync 4 versions and is being put in starting with the 2022MY F-150, Mustang Mach-E, Bronco and Super Duty trucks. It also is being done as a 3 year "trial" and fees may apply after that. Ford also went on to say that Sync 3 systems could not be upgraded to the Sync 4 platform so any current BS owners won't see this and they made no mention on when future BS model might see the upgraded Sync version.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
It also is being done as a 3 year "trial" and fees may apply after that.
They'll definitely apply. Ford wants that sweet, sweet low marginal cost subscription revenue from this and Blue Cruise (or whatever they name it). Heck, if Ford truly follows the SaaS model, they can lose a huge amount of money on each car sold and still see their stock valued at absurd multiples. Manufacturing and delivering a car = just customer acquisition costs. ?
Sponsored