ZA-Val

Badlands
First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Oh for sure...my old-school 79 bronco was stolen from a downtown parking lot many moons ago...they want it they will get it. Ford offered a soft top and take your build now, included a kit to install and upgrade to the MIC top asap. I live in Michigan, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Everyone has to make choices that's part of it. None of those choices are wrong it's what works for you. In a high theft and high crime area you are spot on. I have a SWAT guy behind me and city across the street...I like my odds.?
Definitely agree that none are wrong and people need to decide what works for them. Sadly one doesn’t need to be in a high crime area to have their cars broken into these days in fact many of the nicer neighborhoods are where the thieves hit. So true about if they want your car they will get it, I think most of the time they just want to break into the car to steal change or items rather than stealing the entire car altogether.
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Definitely agree that none are wrong and people need to decide what works for them. Sadly one doesn’t need to be in a high crime area to have their cars broken into these days in fact many of the nicer neighborhoods are where the thieves hit. So true about if they want your car they will get it, I think most of the time they just want to break into the car to steal change or items rather than stealing the entire car altogether.
My sister in law had a beach bag smash and grab at a birthday dinner. Nothing in the bag, but they thought it was a purse. Area was lined with government housing notorious for drug dependence and drug trafficking. The place went out of business a month later from higher crime issues. The area is gutted because it's unsafe to park in the area. To your point, the SWAT guy behind me told me to put my Chryslers in the garage in suburbia because they were using ipads to unlock and remote access cars due to a keyless entry vulnerability in the dodge software. Happens everywhere

OP
OP
ZA-Val

ZA-Val

Badlands
First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
My sister in law had a beach bag smash and grab at a birthday dinner. Nothing in the bag, but they thought it was a purse. Area was lined with government housing notorious for drug dependence and drug trafficking. The place went out of business a month later from higher crime issues. The area is gutted because it's unsafe to park in the area. To your point, the SWAT guy behind me told me to put my Chryslers in the garage in suburbia because they were using ipads to unlock and remote access cars due to a keyless entry vulnerability in the dodge software. Happens everywhere
That’s a pet peeve of mine is leaving purses in the car and unfortunately these b*stards will smash a window for any bag they see and even for loose change these days. That is crazy that they were using ipads to break into cars!!

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
That’s a pet peeve of mine is leaving purses in the car and unfortunately these b*stards will smash a window for any bag they see and even for loose change these days. That is crazy that they were using ipads to break into cars!!
yeah it's been a major uptick in theft. Dodge issued an upgrade to the onboard software to help...but it's a cat and mouse game. They can walk up with the program, if you happen to be close enough with a fob they can capture the signal and use it. If not, it takes an additional five minutes to figure out the code with the darkweb software and they have full access to ignition and doors...bye. It's disturbing. Put that intelligence and energy into something more positive for crying out loud

stoopidrookie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Most brand-affiliated leasing companies will allow you to keep your vehicle a number of extra months after the due date (at least in the good old days). Just call and ask - the worst they can say is no.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Most brand-affiliated leasing companies will allow you to keep your vehicle a number of extra months after the due date (at least in the good old days). Just call and ask - the worst they can say is no.
And likely now more than ever with all that's been going on. Money in the pocket is better than no cars to sell. Once you turn in the lease it goes to auction.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Once you turn in the lease it goes to auction.
Or onto an empty dealer lot so they have something to try and make money on.

ICUGAZN

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
So I have a OuterBanks on order for my wife. A new Window sticker was generated on 7/7/2021. I'm not sure what changed on the Window sticker. This is what the tracker is showing for a status. So It doesn't say that it was built yet. My wife is getting impatient and I'm trying to hold her off from looking at other vehicles. Any hope that this status might change next week?
Ford Bronco Sport For those who ordered Badlands with Badlands package with an ETA of 10/31 1625834041855

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
Just left my dealership and confirmed that those of us who ordered BL+BL probably aren’t going to see our cars until October. If my lease wasn’t ending in 10 days I wouldn’t be so pressed for time but I just wanted to share in case others are in the same boat and need a car before then. Here’s to hoping we see them before October but it’s not looking hopeful.

Ford Bronco Sport For those who ordered Badlands with Badlands package with an ETA of 10/31 7C1FD292-98CF-411B-B7BA-45C6CB13E610
Don't understand the post. If your ETA is in Oct. and your dealership said do not expect it until October what is the conflict?

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
So I have a OuterBanks on order for my wife. A new Window sticker was generated on 7/7/2021. I'm not sure what changed on the Window sticker. This is what the tracker is showing for a status. So It doesn't say that it was built yet. My wife is getting impatient and I'm trying to hold her off from looking at other vehicles. Any hope that this status might change next week?
Ford Bronco Sport For those who ordered Badlands with Badlands package with an ETA of 10/31 1625834041855
Possible it could change next week but no one knows. They are all sitting in Mexico waiting for missing parts. When will parts arrive could be next week, next month, or several months from now. If you are in need of vehicle soon probably need to think about looking at something else.

Ricejenn

Badlands
First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Possible it could change next week but no one knows. They are all sitting in Mexico waiting for missing parts. When will parts arrive could be next week, next month, or several months from now. If you are in need of vehicle soon probably need to think about looking at something else.
No one seems to know for sure. I’ve seen ppl post that they have been told by their dealer to expect to wait till Oct for their vehicle. I’m in Canada and my dealer says the Oct date means nothing….not sure I believe that. Mine has been sitting built since June 11 waiting for a chip.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
No one seems to know for sure. I’ve seen ppl post that they have been told by their dealer to expect to wait till Oct for their vehicle. I’m in Canada and my dealer says the Oct date means nothing….not sure I believe that. Mine has been sitting built since June 11 waiting for a chip.
I sent my dealer two text ask for status. No response. And I doubt they know anything other then waiting for chip ETA unknown.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
I am still at 10/31 with In Production no bump to 11/3 yet
Sponsored