ZA-Val

Badlands
First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Just left my dealership and confirmed that those of us who ordered BL+BL probably aren’t going to see our cars until October. If my lease wasn’t ending in 10 days I wouldn’t be so pressed for time but I just wanted to share in case others are in the same boat and need a car before then. Here’s to hoping we see them before October but it’s not looking hopeful.

Ford Bronco Sport For those who ordered Badlands with Badlands package with an ETA of 10/31 7C1FD292-98CF-411B-B7BA-45C6CB13E610
Sponsored

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
Having dealt with my sales guy and having seen other replies here IMHO that really means nothing other than dealer printing for you what you can already see on your order status page. We've seen delivery date changes all over the place lately. Unless your dealer has inside scoop I wouldn't put much stock into their feedback. Just my .02.

Dcamp

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Just left my dealership and confirmed that those of us who ordered BL+BL probably aren’t going to see our cars until October. If my lease wasn’t ending in 10 days I wouldn’t be so pressed for time but I just wanted to share in case others are in the same boat and need a car before then. Here’s to hoping we see them before October but it’s not looking hopeful.

Ford Bronco Sport For those who ordered Badlands with Badlands package with an ETA of 10/31 7C1FD292-98CF-411B-B7BA-45C6CB13E610
I was a member of the BL + BL black October club and decided to bail. Car was gonna be my wifes daily commute and weekend adventure toy. She opted out for a Jeep Grand Cherokee. I'll probably go for a full size Bronco in a couple of years.

If you haven't already you may want to check your buyout option on your lease Vs. market value. The buyout option on my wifes lease was $17.8 K with sales tax. Carmax gave us a written quote of $22.5K. We paid off the lease and our Jeep dealership had a policy of matching a Carmax quote for the trade in. We then applied a significant portion of the cars value for trade-in which then had the additional benefit of not having to pay sales tax on that portion.

OP
OP
ZA-Val

ZA-Val

Badlands
First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I was a member of the BL + BL black October club and decided to bail. Car was gonna be my wifes daily commute and weekend adventure toy. She opted out for a Jeep Grand Cherokee. I'll probably go for a full size Bronco in a couple of years.

If you haven't already you may want to check your buyout option on your lease Vs. market value. The buyout option on my wifes lease was $17.8 K with sales tax. Carmax gave us a written quote of $22.5K. We paid off the lease and our Jeep dealership had a policy of matching a Carmax quote for the trade in. We then applied a significant portion of the cars value for trade-in which then had the additional benefit of not having to pay sales tax on that portion.
I checked carmax for the buyout value of my Edge and it was less than what I would owe for the payoff. If it was more I surely would have taken that option. I don’t blame you for bailing on an October delivery and I’m sure she will love her Jeep and the big bronco will be awesome when it comes in.

OP
OP
ZA-Val

ZA-Val

Badlands
First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Having dealt with my sales guy and having seen other replies here IMHO that really means nothing other than dealer printing for you what you can already see on your order status page. We've seen delivery date changes all over the place lately. Unless your dealer has inside scoop I wouldn't put much stock into their feedback. Just my .02.
I called Ford also because I had to speak with someone about extending my lease and they were also on board with the October arrival for the BL+BL and were taking information about people who ordered any model of Bronco that is delayed. I trust my dealer, everything they have told me from day one has been spot on. I see people here saying their dealer told them XYZ which are clearly lies or half truths like they placed an order in April and told their BL will arrive in 4 weeks lmao!

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I am sure Ford will try to deliver ASAP. But who knows real date. Could be earlier then Oct could be later no one knows.

OP
OP
ZA-Val

ZA-Val

Badlands
First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I am sure Ford will try to deliver ASAP. But who knows real date. Could be earlier then Oct could be later no one knows.
I’m hoping its earlier but I had to prepare for in case it really was end of October. I could have managed from my original lease end date July 8th until end of July which is the original estimate but definitely can’t be without a car for 3 months. The bright side is that if the car comes in early Ford said that I will not be penalized for terminating the extension.

The craziest part about going to the dealer today was that the parking lot which is usually full of cars was so empty! Dealerships everywhere are so low on inventory, I’ve never seen anything like this.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
The craziest part about going to the dealer today was that the parking lot which is usually full of cars was so empty! Dealerships everywhere are so low on inventory, I’ve never seen anything like this.
Yep empty car lots. Used to be lots so full no where for customers to park. Now lots of extra parking but no cars to buy. I have never seen anything like it before.

elliewe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Not just Badlands with Badlands package. I ordered a Badlands- NO BL package and have an estimated delivery of 10/31. Showing the vehicle is built though.

jhbass

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I had heard somewhere that the manufacturers were actually building the vehicles w/o the necessary chips w/plans to go back and install them once they had inventory. This would then allow them to ship those vehicles quickly.

OP
OP
ZA-Val

ZA-Val

Badlands
First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Not just Badlands with Badlands package. I ordered a Badlands- NO BL package and have an estimated delivery of 10/31. Showing the vehicle is built though.
I had only seen people who had BL+BL getting the 10/31 date, I didn’t realize that it was those without the package as well. At least yours is saying built, mine still says in production and should have said built by now. It’s so frustrating for everyone, us and the poor people who were told 2023 for their big bronco they reserved last year.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I would say this is the best answer. I'd argue October is a likely best answer they can give, and my own dealer even said in May anything ordered at that point would be October delivery. To that point...if that's all the info dealers and sales associates have ..it doesn't paint a full picture good or bad. Broncos are delivering. Combination is key.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I had only seen people who had BL+BL getting the 10/31 date, I didn’t realize that it was those without the package as well. At least yours is saying built, mine still says in production and should have said built by now. It’s so frustrating for everyone, us and the poor people who were told 2023 for their big bronco they reserved last year.
And capturing that statement...IF they want the MIC hardtop. If they are willing to take a soft top with a kit to upgrade later, they will be built now...like right now. The two doors come with hard top only and they are getting priority on MIC tops. If buyers choose to hold to a hard top or die, 2023 is the big picture. Broncos built with soft tops will roll off the line and anyone who's lucky enough to be at a dealership can jump the line and buy one. It's a commodity she'll game. At least ford gave buyers an option. Take it or wait.

OP
OP
ZA-Val

ZA-Val

Badlands
First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
And capturing that statement...IF they want the MIC hardtop. If they are willing to take a soft top with a kit to upgrade later, they will be built now...like right now. The two doors come with hard top only and they are getting priority on MIC tops. If buyers choose to hold to a hard top or die, 2023 is the big picture. Broncos built with soft tops will roll off the line and anyone who's lucky enough to be at a dealership can jump the line and buy one. It's a commodity she'll game. At least ford gave buyers an option. Take it or wait.
If I would have ordered one I would have wanted the hard top as well, I’m not a fan of soft tops and definitely not cold climate friendly. If I lived in FL or AZ maybe I’d accept as long as it was one of those being built that has the wiring to add the hard top later. So many people I know I’m different regions of the US had their soft top sliced open by vandals or thieves I wouldn’t want to risk that.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
If I would have ordered one I would have wanted the hard top as well, I’m not a fan of soft tops and definitely not cold climate friendly. If I lived in FL or AZ maybe I’d accept as long as it was one of those being built that has the wiring to add the hard top later. So many people I know I’m different regions of the US had their soft top sliced open by vandals or thieves I wouldn’t want to risk that.
Oh for sure...my old-school 79 bronco was stolen from a downtown parking lot many moons ago...they want it they will get it. Ford offered a soft top and take your build now, included a kit to install and upgrade to the MIC top asap. I live in Michigan, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Everyone has to make choices that's part of it. None of those choices are wrong it's what works for you. In a high theft and high crime area you are spot on. I have a SWAT guy behind me and city across the street...I like my odds.?
Sponsored