Mrouse53

Big Bend
First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Does anyone have an opinion!! Ford bronco sport floor liner mats, back too, just order when built vs something like weathertech? I'm also trying to compare price. Not sure which way to go. Thanks!
Sponsored

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Lots of opinions on here. I stuck with the Ford mats as I like the OEM look. They don’t have coverage under the gas pedal though, which wasn’t an issue for me as I’m in a BL with the rubber floors. Advice I got was to order through the dealer parts department in case some strange hold up results at the factory for the order because of something as simple as floor mats.

I will say I had the weathertech put in my 2007 F150 from day 1, & the carpet still looked just as new & clean (albeit pressed into the shape of the mat) as the day it came off the factory floor.

I actually kinda like the look of the tux mats people have posted. I’m not sure if they’re actually padded or air filled, but they seem to be a neat idea to have carpet mats in your vehicle (or they look like some form of fabric to me) while having full coverage.

OP
OP
Mrouse53

Mrouse53

Big Bend
First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Thank you!! Great advice if I go with OEM since I'm hoping building and getting in early will shorten wait time!
Going to look at tux. I would love rubber floors!
I think I'm going with an Outer Banks, building and then will see at last minute if 2023 has any changes.
Thank you!

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
You’re welcome! Maybe because it’s summer, there doesn’t seem to be too much discussion on mats lately. Here’s one I thought was more recent.
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/all-weather-floor-mats.6421/#post-111200

This one has some discussion on different options too.
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/best-floor-mats.5118/

Hopefully in 2023 things will be much more normal & there won’t be the wait times & shortages we’ve seen for the last couple years!

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I got 42,000 Ford Pass points when I bought mine and used those points to get the OEM rubber mats for free.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I always advise not buying any of these things when ordering for three reasons:
1) see your vehicle; sit in your vehicle; figure out what you like and and don’t like
2) the accessories after-market are always on sale, currently 20%, but not if you include it in the order
3) you can use your points if you order after

and I will add a 4th in these crazy times:
4) anything you add to the preorder can cause a delay in getting your vehicle

With all that being said, I love the OEM rubber mats.

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Lots of opinions on here. I stuck with the Ford mats as I like the OEM look. They don’t have coverage under the gas pedal though, which wasn’t an issue for me as I’m in a BL with the rubber floors. Advice I got was to order through the dealer parts department in case some strange hold up results at the factory for the order because of something as simple as floor mats.

I will say I had the weathertech put in my 2007 F150 from day 1, & the carpet still looked just as new & clean (albeit pressed into the shape of the mat) as the day it came off the factory floor.

I actually kinda like the look of the tux mats people have posted. I’m not sure if they’re actually padded or air filled, but they seem to be a neat idea to have carpet mats in your vehicle (or they look like some form of fabric to me) while having full coverage.
THIS. ALL OF THIS.

I bought the OEM mats for carpeted floors because I liked the appearance. However, the coverage and quality of the materials is lacking compared to WeatherTech and SmartLiner. However, this recent post of TuxMats is even more compelling. I have never seen any other mats wrap around the seat like that. If I were to buy again, I know which mats I would choose.

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
They look like a neat idea with such good coverage. Are they a fabric? Are the ridges just foam filled?
“TuxMat has a unique three-layer construction material, which is also water proof. The top layer is a highly durable PVC made to match vehicle interiors. The middle layer is a heavy-duty EVA foam, making the maximum vertical coverage a reality. The bottom layer is a anti-skid material which protects your vehicle’s carpets from wear and tear.”

They are awesome mats there not a fabric and yes it is foam filled. Their hard to describe to you, but I feel there rigid like Weathertech but the are a lot softer than Weathertech not as hard, but only time will tell on there longevity.

Last edited:
Reactions: MJE

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
“TuxMat has a unique three-layer construction material, which is also water proof. The top layer is a highly durable PVC made to match vehicle interiors. The middle layer is a heavy-duty EVA foam, making the maximum vertical coverage a reality. The bottom layer is a anti-skid material which protects your vehicle’s carpets from wear and tear.”

They are awesome mats there not a fabric and yes it is foam filled. Their hard to describe to you, but I feel there rigid like Weathertech but the are a lot softer than Weathertech not as hard, but only time will tell on there longevity.
Thanks for the description & review. I can see they’d be hard to describe as just looking at pics, they look like a totally different type of solution to mats. While others seem to be variations on the weather tech theme, the tux mats look to have done something quite unique & different.

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
Thanks for the description & review. I can see they’d be hard to describe as just looking at pics, they look like a totally different type of solution to mats. While others seem to be variations on the weather tech theme, the tux mats look to have done something quite unique & different.
You got that right “unique & different” , there not the same old rubber, hard plastic, or carpeted ones. if it wasn’t for someone on this forum I would have never known about them, I took a gamble and believe me it payed off, they are a little pricey, but I believe in that old adage somewhat “you get what you pay for.” Now that I have them, I would have purchased these mats long ago if I had known about them, I do have Weathertech ones also which I plan on using for the winter months, are the “TuxMats” good enough for the winter months I believe so. Well enough of my rambling.
Sponsored

Reactions: MJE