sweet! these sports love the snow!

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
sweet! these sports love the snow!
I took mine out in the snow a couple of days ago. Two inches on the ground mixed with slush and ice chunks. Looking at the display for power distribution (in Normal mode) it basically stayed FWD the entire time just like there was no snow at all. It has the Factory option Falken tires on it.

The front mudflaps are basically snowball makers, it was a solid chunk flap to tire. But it kept the nasty stuff off the paint.

OP
OP

GaryS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I took mine out in the snow a couple of days ago. Two inches on the ground mixed with slush and ice chunks. Looking at the display for power distribution (in Normal mode) it basically stayed FWD the entire time just like there was no snow at all. It has the Factory option Falken tires on it.

The front mudflaps are basically snowball makers, it was a solid chunk flap to tire. But it kept the nasty stuff off the paint.
I basically skidded the truck around the parking area first in Normal mode then in Slippery to check the difference. Didn't think to check the display though. Slippery mode dampens the acceleration and there was definitely less skidding. But I didn't really do it enough to REALLY test it out.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
I basically skidded the truck around the parking area first in Normal mode then in Slippery to check the difference. Didn't think to check the display though. Slippery mode dampens the acceleration and there was definitely less skidding. But I didn't really do it enough to REALLY test it out.
ive found slippery is good on our snow and ice packed roads for general driving. when the snow is deep, sand mode seems to work awesome.

baja_bob

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
What tires do you guys have? I have the continentals on my big bend, I think they are more for dry roads

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
What tires do you guys have? I have the continentals on my big bend, I think they are more for dry roads
I replaced the continentals on my big bend with Falken Wildpeaks At/3w right away. Those and the BFG KO2's seem to be popular out here, though there are others that people will mention.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I think the optional Falken Wildpeak A/T3W (235/65R17) Ford offers for the Bronco Sport is an excellent compromise tire offering outstanding road manners and wear characteristics, good performance on snow/wet/dry conditions, and a tough enough carcass to allow light off-road duty. If you can only have one set of tires and prioritize road manners over off-road capability then you can't go wrong with the Falkens. If you're willing to accept rougher road manners (noise, vibration, harshness) to get better off-road credentials then the BFG K02s are rated among the best by off-roaders worldwide.

Last edited:

baja_bob

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Yes, I've used the KO2s on other vehicles before, they'll go through anything. My girlfriend has the Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Adventures on her grand cherokee, they do good in mud and snow also. I'll look into the Falkens.

Deleted member 6568

Yes, I've used the KO2s on other vehicles before, they'll go through anything. My girlfriend has the Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Adventures on her grand cherokee, they do good in mud and snow also. I'll look into the Falkens.
I still have four Falkens from my Ranger sitting in the garage. Replaced them at 2800 miles with Ko2s. The Falkens are terrible for slippery situations IMO. I'm probably going to sell them to the tire dealer for cheap, just to get rid of them.

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
I still have four Falkens from my Ranger sitting in the garage. Replaced them at 2800 miles with Ko2s. The Falkens are terrible for slippery situations IMO. I'm probably going to sell them to the tire dealer for cheap, just to get rid of them.
I would agree that the Falkens do not do well in slippery/icy conditions, but work well in snow. They need something for the tread to grab onto. I suppose not much will grab ice but some will work better than others.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I would agree that the Falkens do not do well in slippery/icy conditions, but work well in snow. They need something for the tread to grab onto. I suppose not much will grab ice but some will work better than others.
Dan, which Falkens do you have?

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
On really nasty snowy icy days I drive my 04’ AWD Escape that’s only FWD now. As the Rotary blade coupler is no longer available and used parts are too risky.
Why you ask ?
It does just fine and I don’t have to worry about some idiot sliding into me.
Sponsored