Finally some info from my dealer! (Also, hello.)

pillag3r

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Escape Titanium, 2023 BS Eruption Green
Hi All! New here, but I have been lurking for a while.

I ordered a 2023 BS BL in Eruption Green with Premium package, tow package, cargo management, and Co-Pilot360 on Aug 20th. I haven't received a single email from Ford so I think my dealer was too lazy to add my address. Doesn't surprise me after how they tried to swindle another $10k out of me and the complete lack of communication thereafter. Anyways, I did not press the email issue because it took 4 phone calls and an ignored email to just get the below info. (I, literally, had no information whatsoever about my order before they sent me the below.)

BUT, I'm scheduled! I thought y'all might like to see that there is an ETA too. I'm in S.C.

I was able to add the VIN to my Ford account, but the order status still doesn't work. (I read in another thread that it doesn't until it actually goes into production)

View attachment 31081
They actually physically printed the above, and sent it to my email via a scanner. lol. Guess they never heard of print to PDF...
The info is current as of Sep 29th.
Sponsored

Tall Timbers

Badlands
First Name
Tall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands Bronco Sp, 23 Ford F150 Hybrid (order)
Welcome to the forum!

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Hi All! New here, but I have been lurking for a while.

I ordered a 2023 BS BL in Eruption Green with Premium package, tow package, cargo management, and Co-Pilot360 on Aug 20th. I haven't received a single email from Ford so I think my dealer was too lazy to add my address. Doesn't surprise me after how they tried to swindle another $10k out of me and the complete lack of communication thereafter. Anyways, I did not press the email issue because it took 4 phone calls and an ignored email to just get the below info. (I, literally, had no information whatsoever about my order before they sent me the below.)

BUT, I'm scheduled! I thought y'all might like to see that there is an ETA too. I'm in S.C.

I was able to add the VIN to my Ford account, but the order status still doesn't work. (I read in another thread that it doesn't until it actually goes into production)

View attachment 31081
They actually physically printed the above, and sent it to my email via a scanner. lol. Guess they never heard of print to PDF...
The info is current as of Sep 29th.
I have the same build week. I am in Chicagoland. So I was hoping for a Christmas present. It could happen.

OP
OP
pillag3r

pillag3r

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So they actually tried to charge you a markup on your order?
Yep! Even after I explained how I used to be an Z-Plan buyer as my Grandfather had worked for Ford at the Dearborn plant and that I was now using the X-plan through the Mustang club. The sales manager tried to hit me with all the standard add-ons: tint, paint protector, pin stripes, etc. To top it off, they tried to get me on a $7500 "Lot reclamation fee."

Knowing exactly the b.s. they were trying to pull, I stared blankly and told them I had never heard of such a thing before and asked for a detailed explanation of what it was. You should have seen him squirm trying to explain it, lol. I just kept saying that I didn't understand, had never heard of this kind of fee before at any dealer I had ever been to so he would dig himself deeper. I was as equally entertained as I was angry.
Finally looked him dead in the eye and said, "I don't want any of that and I'm not paying for it." Of course he had to scurry off and make me wait like 20 minutes to come back and state (like he was doing me a favor), "Because you're an X-plan buyer, I was able to take all of it off."

TBH, if they weren't the only Ford dealer within an hour drive, I would have just canceled and walked out...
Shame, because the salesman was a decent dude.

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Yep! Even after I explained how I used to be an Z-Plan buyer as my Grandfather had worked for Ford at the Dearborn plant and that I was now using the X-plan through the Mustang club. The sales manager tried to hit me with all the standard add-ons: tint, paint protector, pin stripes, etc. To top it off, they tried to get me on a $7500 "Lot reclamation fee."

Knowing exactly the b.s. they were trying to pull, I stared blankly and told them I had never heard of such a thing before and asked for a detailed explanation of what it was. You should have seen him squirm trying to explain it, lol. I just kept saying that I didn't understand, had never heard of this kind of fee before at any dealer I had ever been to so he would dig himself deeper. I was as equally entertained as I was angry.
Finally looked him dead in the eye and said, "I don't want any of that and I'm not paying for it." Of course he had to scurry off and make me wait like 20 minutes to come back and state (like he was doing me a favor), "Because you're an X-plan buyer, I was able to take all of it off."

TBH, if they weren't the only Ford dealer within an hour drive, I would have just canceled and walked out...
A decent dude? He was trying to scam you.

They sound like a bunch of scumbags. It’s amazing anyone would give them their business.

They should have given you paperwork when you ordered.

Personally, I would have walked (or run) away.

OP
OP
pillag3r

pillag3r

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A decent dude? He was trying to scam you.
It was the Sales Manager trying to pull one over. The salesman was chill and setup everything I wanted without any hassle.

They sound like a bunch of scumbags. It’s amazing anyone would give them their business.
Agreed. They are actually the volume dealer for the area...

They should have given you paperwork when you ordered.
Should have.

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS Badlands; '23 BS Badlands; BMW X3, X7

Hate that shit. This is why dealerships get the reputation that they have.

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
... TBH, if they weren't the only Ford dealer within an hour drive, I would have just canceled and walked out ...
I'm fortunate to have 10 dealers within 30 miles according to the Ford dealer locator. Zip code 01752. My closest dealer was adding on several thousand to even place an order. A close dealer just a few miles further away does M.S.R.P. Ordered two vehicles there this year.

One dealer sent me three Escapes to consider earlier this year. Added $14,900 to each Escape. Yes, you read that correctly. That's not a typo. Sent me an Escape for $55,910.

OP
OP
pillag3r

pillag3r

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WOW!!! I seriously don't understand the thought process (or rather the lack thereof) there. What person, buying an Escape, is that desperate that they would spend an extra $15k to get one?!?!? That's getting into a luxury car price point.

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
If a dealer tried that crap on me I’d give em’ the finger and walk away.
Yes I’ve done it a few times and won.
Two ford dealers 60 miles apart. I got the exact same truck, a F-150 for $6,000 less.
My brother luckily listens to me
He got his F-150 loaded(same truck) for $15,000 less,,,
FIFTEEN THOUSAND! Less.
There are good honest dealers out there. And there are ripoff dealers.

Last edited:

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
If a dealer is jerking you around trying to rip you off when you order just imagine what they will do once vehicle arrives? So find another dealer that isn't a scum bag rip off crook.
Sponsored