Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
Well, after sitting in the Mexican Desert for the past four months, it looks like I'm going to be taking delivery of my Bronco Sport Badlands soon. I was notified today by Ford that it is finished being built and awaiting delivery to the dealership by November 6th. Now it's back to waiting to see exactly how long it takes to get to the dealer. I already spoke with my salesman and we are going to go over it with a fine tooth comb before I take delivery. He stated that if there were any issues that I can order a 2022MY with them with no increase in cost since they could sell the one that I ordered very easily at a profit. My only issue with that is that the Rapid Red isn't offered on the 2022MY otherwise I'd jump at the offer right now.

Ford Bronco Sport Finally Getting Out of the Desert Bornco Sport Built
Sponsored

zatguy

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Hell yeah man! Congrats!

I have a 6/4 production badlands still waiting on the RCM chip. I feel you on wanting your original color. Mine is Kodiak brown, also discontinued for MY22. Makes me want that rare bird even more.

It seems they are working backwards through the June builds. I've seen another member who was in production 6/17 and built the past week, now awaiting shipment.

The light at the end of the tunnel is growing brighter!

Hope your ride is clean as a whistle and good to buck!

OP
OP
Whitenight

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hell yeah man! Congrats!

I have a 6/4 production badlands still waiting on the RCM chip. I feel you on wanting your original color. Mine is Kodiak brown, also discontinued for MY22. Makes me want that rare bird even more.

It seems they are working backwards through the June builds. I've seen another member who was in production 6/17 and built the past week, now awaiting shipment.

Good luck to you too and I hope you get your stallion soon. Found out from the Ford Rep and the Ford vehicle tracking app that they use, that they aren't running the June builds through the assembly line but that they are being handled by the body shop (same one that does the factory spray-in bed liners for the Maverick). They are doing both the Fuel System recall and the Restraint Control Module install.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Hell yeah man! Congrats!

I envy your Kodiak Brown. I was wanting that But no go for the 2022s.

I wonder if they are doing them backwards is because of the way they were parked after initial build. I once had a Chevy ordered a number of years ago and there were issues so they stacked them up row after row in a lot. When it came time to take them out, they had to go in reverse order.

sdmc229

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion and Flex
Well, after sitting in the Mexican Desert for the past four months, it looks like I'm going to be taking delivery of my Bronco Sport Badlands soon. I was notified today by Ford that it is finished being built and awaiting delivery to the dealership by November 6th. Now it's back to waiting to see exactly how long it takes to get to the dealer. I already spoke with my salesman and we are going to go over it with a fine tooth comb before I take delivery. He stated that if there were any issues that I can order a 2022MY with them with no increase in cost since they could sell the one that I ordered very easily at a profit. My only issue with that is that the Rapid Red isn't offered on the 2022MY otherwise I'd jump at the offer right now.

Bornco Sport Built.png
Congrats. Just got shipping update from the dealer, 2-3 weeks and I can pick it up.

christy414

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
armada

Bornco Sport Built.png
I am in the same situation. Mine went in to production 6/17. It finally checked marked last Thursday to built. Yesterday Etis showed the RCM was installed 9/29 however it still shows fuel line recall. Still shows awaiting shipment since last Thursday as well. I'm not sure how long it actually takes to get shipped. I've seen new builds being built and shipped the very next day so it's very confusing to know what's really going on.

OP
OP
Whitenight

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am in the same situation. Mine went in to production 6/17. It finally checked marked last Thursday to built. Yesterday Etis showed the RCM was installed 9/29 however it still shows fuel line recall. Still shows awaiting shipment since last Thursday as well. I'm not sure how long it actually takes to get shipped. I've seen new builds being built and shipped the very next day so it's very confusing to know what's really going on.
I'm not sure how long its going to take to ship either, only that there are also quality checks that they do before it actually gets loaded onto the rail car. Salesman said he would get me the rail car number as soon as he gets it. At least it's still no longer just sitting waiting for parts to be installed. Good luck with your new stallion when you finally take possession.

zatguy

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Good luck to you too and I hope you get your stallion soon. Found out from the Ford Rep and the Ford vehicle tracking app that they use, that they aren't running the June builds through the assembly line but that they are being handled by the body shop (same one that does the factory spray-in bed liners for the Maverick). They are doing both the Fuel System recall and the Restraint Control Module install.
Thanks. I was curious how they were going about the recalls/chips. Makes sense to leave the assembly lines open for MY22s to start rolling through.

zatguy

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I envy your Kodiak Brown. I was wanting that But no go for the 2022s.

I wonder if they are doing them backwards is because of the way they were parked after initial build. I once had a Chevy ordered a number of years ago and there were issues so they stacked them up row after row in a lot. When it came time to take them out, they had to go in reverse order.
I was thinking the same thing. Easier to pull them last in, first out. Whatever the case, thankful they are finally making progress on them.

Not enough love shown to Kodiaks to keep it around I suppose. I'll take a diamond in the rough ;)

OP
OP
Whitenight

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's now finally official. Got my notice from Ford that my Bronco Sport Badlands has actually shipped and is en-route to the dealer for delivery. I can't wait to get my new ride but I'll also be sad to see my 2000 F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 7.3L diesel go to a new home. We've had lots of good times over the past 20+ years, but it's time to start making some new ones. With only 188,000 miles on her, she was just getting broken in, but the price of filling those 40 gallon tanks with diesel fuel was just getting to be too much.

Ford Bronco Sport Finally Getting Out of the Desert Screenshot (41)-1

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
It's now finally official. Got my notice from Ford that my Bronco Sport Badlands has actually shipped and is en-route to the dealer for delivery. I can't wait to get my new ride but I'll also be sad to see my 2000 F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 7.3L diesel go to a new home. We've had lots of good times over the past 20+ years, but it's time to start making some new ones. With only 188,000 miles on her, she was just getting broken in, but the price of filling those 40 gallon tanks with diesel fuel was just getting to be too much.

Screenshot (41)-1.png
I hear ya; I got a 2003(last year of the 7.3) with 189k. Now she sits more than I drive her ? but I just can't let her go. I keep telling myself I'm going to use her for this and that ?‍♂

ZA-Val

Badlands
First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport

Screenshot (41)-1.png
Our orders are one day apart I’m one day after you are so seeing that yours is finally moving is giving me hope even though my tracker still says ETA 12/24 and no chip on ETIS site but my fuel line recall was fixed a month ago, you would think they would just do them both at the same time!

Gilstein21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
That’s funny. I got the last chip installed 9/24, but am waiting on the recall.

OP
OP
Whitenight

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seven months ago TODAY on March 12th, I ordered my Bronco Sport Badlands and here is the latest update.

It left Mexico on October 5th on a rail car and as of 4:30 this morning arrived at the Gateway Yard of the Alton & Southern/Union Pacific Railroads in Illinois. From there it should be transferred to the Norfolk Southern Railroad for transport eastward to Newark, NJ where a truck will take over for transport to the dealership. It's getting close to finally being a new member of the household.

Update: As of 2:30 pm on Thursday October 21st, the rail car carrying my new ride arrived at the Norfolk Southern Newark Auto Ramp. Now I just wait until it gets loaded onto a truck and continues its journey 36 mile to the dealership.

:clap: :like: :)

Last edited:

christy414

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
armada
Finally got out of the desert, however now my Badlands is sitting at the dealership waiting on parts to fix the fuel line recall. Who knows how long it will be before I get to bring her home!
Sponsored