AWallace151

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Delivery truck backed into me. Anyone have any body work done yet? I’m most concerned with the time it’ll take to get parts for the job. 3400 miles, just kills me to see this.

Ford Bronco Sport Update: Fender bender in my Outer Banks 2C0CAFF6-193E-46F7-8743-9383D891BA74
Sponsored

bk1287

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jetta
Delivery truck backed into me. Anyone have any body work done yet? I’m most concerned with the time it’ll take to get parts for the job. 3400 miles, just kills me to see this.

Ford Bronco Sport Update: Fender bender in my Outer Banks 2C0CAFF6-193E-46F7-8743-9383D891BA74
Sorry, that’s brutal. We were in a fender bender last year with our Telluride. Took 6 weeks for repair.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Since it is so new have the delivery company insurance company pay for an entirely new fender, trim etc. don’t settle for a repair of existing. I had someone hit my new blazer way back when and I made the company even replacemthe fender that was scratched. New is new. Also their insurance may work with certain shops so check with their adjuster before just taking it someone. Require that they choose a Ford authorized shop.

OP
OP

AWallace151

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Since it is so new have the delivery company insurance company pay for an entirely new fender, trim etc. don’t settle for a repair of existing. I had someone hit my new blazer way back when and I made the company even replacemthe fender that was scratched. New is new. Also their insurance may work with certain shops so check with their adjuster before just taking it someone. Require that they choose a Ford authorized shop.
I’m in Illinois, so it’s my insurance that has to pay at first, then they go after the delivery company for whatever reimbursement the state law allows. Good news is my body shop says it’s only going to take a week or two to get the parts, so the repairs will go quick. USAA insurance is the reason I’ve been waiting this long……..oh well. Yes, I do have a certified Ford repair shop doing the work. The dealer recommended them.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
bummer. that'd kill me too. hope everything pans out for you.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I’m in Illinois, so it’s my insurance that has to pay at first, then they go after the delivery company for whatever reimbursement the state law allows. Good news is my body shop says it’s only going to take a week or two to get the parts, so the repairs will go quick. USAA insurance is the reason I’ve been waiting this long……..oh well. Yes, I do have a certified Ford repair shop doing the work. The dealer recommended them.
Ahhh, no fault state. I have USAA also. They have always been good with us.

Caliope

Outer Banks
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS OBX, 2019 Ranger Lariat Screw
Ahhh, no fault state. I have USAA also. They have always been good with us.
Illinois is not a no-fault state. It is a tort state (in other words, law suit heaven) meaning that the insurance companies only have to pay the claim up to the percentage their insured is considered at fault. For example, if the insured is found to be only 80 percent at fault, the insurance company will only pay 80 percent of the claim.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Illinois is not a no-fault state. It is a tort state (in other words, law suit heaven) meaning that the insurance companies only have to pay the claim up to the percentage their insured is considered at fault. For example, if the insured is found to be only 80 percent at fault, the insurance company will only pay 80 percent of the claim.

oh okay. Sorry I misread you r description. You are in a tort based comparative negligence state. I used to do insurance arbitration for accidents in those types of states

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
That is awful so sorry! Of all the cars he could back into, why couldn’t he have backed into a jeep?

Caliope

Outer Banks
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS OBX, 2019 Ranger Lariat Screw
oh okay. Sorry I misread you r description. You are in a tort based comparative negligence state. I used to do insurance arbitration for accidents in those types of states
Sorry, I didn't mean for it to come across as berating you. I was just trying to put the info out there.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Sorry, I didn't mean for it to come across as berating you. I was just trying to put the info out there.
No offense was taken at all! I feel bad you nice new BS got dented. delivery driver should have checked better.
Sponsored