FE dealer installed crossbars loosening.

fontzmark

First Edition
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport First Edition
On the drive home I developed a rattle out of nowhere, sounded like something was dragging, it was so loud I had to pull over, I thought it was a flare vibrating or something. Seems like it's the lead cross bar has come loose, I can move the cross piece back and forth about a half inch, can that be tightened up? Think it will get any worse?
Sponsored

Romac

Base
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2020 Ford Escape SE
On the drive home I developed a rattle out of nowhere, sounded like something was dragging, it was so loud I had to pull over, I thought it was a flare vibrating or something. Seems like it's the lead cross bar has come loose, I can move the cross piece back and forth about a half inch, can that be tightened up? Think it will get any worse?
Without seeing it or even knowing how its attached, would some blue loctite/thread locker help? I've found even with furniture or little things around the house a little (NON permanent) thread locker goes a long way in keeping things in place over time.

eastcoastbroncosport

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My crossbar has come loose too on the front passenger side. Even with the screw as tight as it can possible go, it still wiggles. Tried to tighten mine today and was unsuccessful. Have seen some posts here that said dealerships suggested adding a washer helps. I haven't tried it, but let me know if you find a solution!

OP
OP
fontzmark

fontzmark

First Edition
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I took it to my local dealer, not where I purchased and they said they can't get a replacement screw and I need to go to dealer I bought from because they will need to order a whole new unit, I called them and explained the deal but I just gotta get it there for them to look, I guess they won't take another dealers advice, I wish they would just order a new one so I can swap it out, but it's kind of a bummer and I have the transmission noise which my local place is looking at Monday but I think I should run it down to the purchase place and have them look at the transmission too., what are the chances they can just order a FE crossbar set if it shipped with the vin?

OP
OP
fontzmark

fontzmark

First Edition
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My crossbar has come loose too on the front passenger side. Even with the screw as tight as it can possible go, it still wiggles. Tried to tighten mine today and was unsuccessful. Have seen some posts here that said dealerships suggested adding a washer helps. I haven't tried it, but let me know if you find a solution!
Well $2 worth of electric tape is the only thing that allows me to drive it, lol.
Sponsored