Faulty Window Regulator(possible recall in future)!

X3jlove

Badlands
First Name
Jm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Last month my passenger side window regulator blew. Regulator Cable is completely bent and broken wrapped around the motor. Had it replaced. Dealer said no warranty on it. Now my drivers said regulator has the same issue. Dealer is working with me to fix as this is the 2nd window in 2 months. 2021 Badlands. This regulator is completely plastic and will likely become a recall. If anyway pays out of pocket for regulators, keep the receipt!
Sponsored

OP
OP

X3jlove

Badlands
First Name
Jm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Are you outside of your 3/36? What was the cost of the first repair?
I am 24 months in, dealer claims regulator is from overuse/icy conditions breaking it. They showed it to me when they replaced it the first time and it’s literally thin plastic housing with a thin floss-width cable system. I’ve seen better metal ones on a Tonka truck. Noticing this truck is big and bad with some junk parts.the first repair was $500

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I wonder if there is an issue with the run channel binding or something and dealer not addressing the root cause when they fixed it first time? I haven't seen anyone else report this failure and plenty of sports in Canada cold climates?

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
I am 24 months in, dealer claims regulator is from overuse/icy conditions breaking it. They showed it to me when they replaced it the first time and it’s literally thin plastic housing with a thin floss-width cable system. I’ve seen better metal ones on a Tonka truck. Noticing this truck is big and bad with some junk parts.the first repair was $500
That sounds like bs. Overuse? It's a window. What do they have to lose to just warranty it? I would have escalated and wanted proof of failure.

OP
OP

X3jlove

Badlands
First Name
Jm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Thanks for the response. Honestly I was already fed up with them as they took 1 1/2 days to even look at the car and diagnose the problem. Said they didn’t have any loaners to give me. So basically had to Uber to work. I hope I never have to deal with these people again. Almost would rather go to private auto shop and pay out of pocket than ever step foot into a ford dealership again. Love the BS but HATE ford dealerships.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
dealer claims regulator is from overuse/icy conditions breaking it.
Go to any other dealer. What else do you "overuse"? The heater? The radio? The seats? I agree they don't build 'em like they used to but 24 months is ridiculous. It's a FORD warranty, not a DEALER warranty. I wouldn't put it past them to bill you and then fight for the part with Ford and get double paid. I would at least throw it higher up to prevent that.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
What else do you "overuse"? The heater? The radio? The seats?
Better yet, please define "overuse." The windows are meant to open and close, and there is almost certainly a specification defining the minimum number of cycles the mechanism should withstand. Is that what your dealer is basing its claim on? My guess is it would not be possible to exceed that number in the time allotted unless you sit in your car and open/close the windows for hours at a time.

I don't understand the motivation of a dealership denying a claim like this. Do they get paid more for non-warranty repairs?

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I say there is a route cause resulting in regulator failing that dealer can't figure out so just blame the owner. Huge number of sports in frigid cold climates this is only one we seen posted with this issue?
Sponsored