xlite

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Can’t seem to find anywhere that will state what kind of fasteners are used on the Bronco Sport. I have a 1990 F-250 that has both. Wondering if things have ‘advanced’ to all Metric by now. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thx.
Sponsored

thomasm23

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Can’t seem to find anywhere that will state what kind of fasteners are used on the Bronco Sport. I have a 1990 F-250 that has both. Wondering if things have ‘advanced’ to all Metric by now. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thx.
All metric.

Domestic and imports all use metric fasteners.

OP
OP

xlite

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
All metric.

Domestic and imports all use metric fasteners.
Thank you. Been awhile since I have had a new American car. This info will certainly lighten the tool bag.

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
Robertson drive or nothing! ;-)
Exactly! No more stripped hardware! Not joking - when I get a kit from depot or somewhere made for the USA market, the very first thing I do is throw the connecting hardware in the bin and buy Robertson screws. Last did that with our shed. So much easier to make.

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Exactly! No more stripped hardware! Not joking - when I get a kit from depot or somewhere made for the USA market, the very first thing I do is throw the connecting hardware in the bin and buy Robertson screws. Last did that with our shed. So much easier to make.
In fairness, Phillips (at least the 1949 "modern" variant) is yield-at-torque, which is batty for anything involving automated assembly. Hell, it's batty for most hand-assembly applications as well.

Robertson isn't the only fastener not to have this "feature", but it's super popular in the RV industry, among other places.

Maybe we can convince the world to switch to SPAX / Quadrex / Pozisquare (combination Phillips + Robertson drive capable, but also has a dedicated combo tool)?
Sponsored