Kpie819

Outer Banks
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
So on Wednesday I come out from work, and my bronco would not start. I had lights around the door locks and the start button. I get a jump it starts but I have no cluster lights, and it stalls out immediately.

After reading posts here I disconnected the negative battery cable, it starts up like nothing happed all my cluster lights are now working. Drive home with the check engine light on (I work in a secure facility impossible to get a tow truck in) the next day the check engine light is off.
I dont even know what to think on this one.
Very disappointing when I haven't even owned it a month.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
So on Wednesday I come out from work, and my bronco would not start. I had lights around the door locks and the start button. I get a jump it starts but I have no cluster lights, and it stalls out immediately.

After reading posts here I disconnected the negative battery cable, it starts up like nothing happed all my cluster lights are now working. Drive home with the check engine light on (I work in a secure facility impossible to get a tow truck in) the next day the check engine light is off.
Hello! Could you please send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'll check into these concerns on my end. Thanks!

Mister E

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands (on order)

It sounds like it might have been a loose negative battery cable that wasn't properly tightened to the battery terminal when it was installed at the factory.
Just make sure both Positive and Negative cables are securely tightened to the battery terminals.

OP
OP

Kpie819

Outer Banks
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
It sounds like it might have been a loose negative battery cable that wasn't properly tightened to the battery terminal when it was installed at the factory.
Just make sure both Positive and Negative cables are securely tightened to the battery terminals.
The dealership said it was a failed update.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The wife was driving the Badlands to lunch with her friend, all the cluster lights light up and the Badlands stalled out and wouldn't start, the key fob was in her purse on the back seat, after sitting for a few minutes she got the key fob from her purse on the back seat and put the key fob in the cubby in front of the shift dial, she tried starting the Badlands again and it started right up and operated like nothing had happened.
When she came home and told me the story I went out to check things out, I checked the battery terminals and the were slightly loose, I re-seated the terminals and tightened them up, have not had another episode like that since.
When I took the Badlands to the dealer for service I told them about the incident and they hooked up their scanner but didn't find anything wrong.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
The wife was driving the Badlands to lunch with her friend, all the cluster lights light up and the Badlands stalled out and wouldn't start, the key fob was in her purse on the back seat, after sitting for a few minutes she got the key fob from her purse on the back seat and put the key fob in the cubby in front of the shift dial, she tried starting the Badlands again and it started right up and operated like nothing had happened.
When she came home and told me the story I went out to check things out, I checked the battery terminals and the were slightly loose, I re-seated the terminals and tightened them up, have not had another episode like that since.
When I took the Badlands to the dealer for service I told them about the incident and they hooked up their scanner but didn't find anything wrong.
Hi there – send a message to us with your VIN and approximate mileage. I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!
Sponsored