Factory mats sliding around on plastic floor - anyone have luck fixing?

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport, '20 Jeep Gladiator, '99 SLK230
I have a problem with the plastic floor in my Badlands: The floor mats slide all over the place - same with cargo. What solutions have you found to fix this? 3M Velcro does not stick to this stuff. Ready to toss the factory mats for some rubber ones.
Sponsored

Slingy

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1970 T-Bird, 1972 T-Bird
Which floor mats are you using? The carpets or the rubber mats? The rubber ones do snap in place. I haven’t been using my carpets due to the New England winter so I forget if they slide or not but I have no problem with the rubber mats sliding.

OP
OP
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Our Badlands has small posts on the floor that our mats attach to. We have the rubber floors and both our factory carpet mats and our accessory rubber mats stay in place perfectly.
Ford Bronco Sport Factory mats sliding around on plastic floor - anyone have luck fixing? Screenshot_20220228-154858_Chrome
I have the standard carpet ones, and my drivers' side is fine - mounts in place on two posts just like yours. The other ones though... Front passenger side has one post that it swivels around on, and the back are completely useless. They spend more time bunched-up under the front seats more than anything else.

Betsy

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
The accessory rubber Ford ones like I pictured seem to stay in place pretty good - probably because they are made to fit alot better than the carpet ones. We only had those carpet ones in for a couple of days before we switched them out.

Geelloo90042

Badlands
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport-Badlands
This might seem too much, but try adhesive rubber strips under the carpet, with the sticky adhesive side facing the bottom of the carpet mat. So you'll have friction against the rubber flooring. I would try an x pattern to get all directions of movement

OP
OP
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This might seem too much, but try adhesive rubber strips under the carpet, with the sticky adhesive side facing the bottom of the carpet mat. So you'll have friction against the rubber flooring. I would try an x pattern to get all directions of movement
Tried multiple adhesives on the floor - nothing sticks (which is impressive, but not exactly the result I was hoping for, LOL).

OP
OP
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Our Badlands has small posts on the floor that our mats attach to. We have the rubber floors and both our factory carpet mats and our accessory rubber mats stay in place perfectly.
Ford Bronco Sport Factory mats sliding around on plastic floor - anyone have luck fixing? Screenshot_20220228-154858_Chrome
What's the part # on those? Back seat floor too? Those are nice, just going to order some and be done with it.

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
you could try a bead of silicone caulk. try one bead on the underside of the carpet for a trial. let it cure completely before putting it back in the Bronco.
I've done that on carpet runners at home, keeps them from slipping around but they peel right up for repositioning.

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Expedition MAX Silverado Z71
I intend on not using mats at all.

…If I ever get a Bronco Sport to put mats in:D

Flash3x

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 Platinum
What's the part # on those? Back seat floor too? Those are nice, just going to order some and be done with it.
MP1Z7813300BA

That should be the right number for the rubber floor version in the BL.

We have them, they are nice. No issues with them moving around.

Poolmanz Sport Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport FE Area 51
The passenger side carpet mat would always move out of place.
I removed them and install the molded all-weather one.- all good.
This is the better choice. I am sure some person in marketing thought it great to sell more molded mats if they gave us "crappy" carpet mats....it's working. :thumbsup:

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
bbbronco_in_LBC
As some others have said, are you sure you have the floor mats that come with the Badlands?
My front carpeted mats snap onto the rubber flooring, the rears don't snap down, but they don't/haven't moved an objectionable amount.

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Which floor mats are you using? The carpets or the rubber mats? The rubber ones do snap in place. I haven’t been using my carpets due to the New England winter so I forget if they slide or not but I have no problem with the rubber mats sliding.
Same here.
Sponsored