Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
  • Banned
Your thoughts on these? Are they low quality that will wear through soon (how thick and durable are they and can they be replaced by Ford)? Has anyone supplemented these with aftermarket products such as WeatherTech? It was awesome of Ford to think of this but did they go on the cheap when they actually designed them?

I took my fabric mats up but am thinking of putting them back in place since I don't want to wear out the factory-installed one...but doesn't that sorta defeat the purpose of the factory ones?
Sponsored

sticks918

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL, Area 51
I think you meant to post a link or photo... But in any case, I replaced my mats with the WeatherTech ones and they've been holding up great so far after about 12k miles. My only complaint is that the snaps that hold the mat to the floor are a little weak, a few weeks ago I was putting them back in after rinsing them out and thought I clicked them in all the way but apparently not because it came loose and went right into the gas pedal. Luckily it was still in park but definitely give those snaps a good press if you're reinstalling.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Your thoughts on these? Are they low quality that will wear through soon (how thick and durable are they and can they be replaced by Ford)? Has anyone supplemented these with aftermarket products such as WeatherTech? It was awesome of Ford to think of this but did they go on the cheap when they actually designed them?

I took my fabric mats up but am thinking of putting them back in place since I don't want to wear out the factory-installed one...but doesn't that sorta defeat the purpose of the factory ones?
I brought the factory liners exactly for that purpose. They are replaceable. I keep my vehicles a long time and generally have to replace the mats as I wear a hole in them with my heel. The fact I’ve almost always had stick shifts may be some of the reason.

As for the quality often factory liners, they seem to match the Weather-tech as far as material and thickness. Just not as much coverage.

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I brought the factory liners exactly for that purpose. They are replaceable. I keep my vehicles a long time and generally have to replace the mats as I wear a hole in them with my heel. The fact I’ve almost always had stick shifts may be some of the reason.

As for the quality often factory liners, they seem to match the Weather-tech as far as material and thickness. Just not as much coverage.
I have the bronco sport weather mats.. i like the material of them. They do there job.. i dont live in a place with a bunch of mud or snow so i dont mind the less coverage.. i used to get weather tech in past. Yes they do cover a bit more but they are just to stiff a material for me and things slide way easier on my old weather tech cargo mat than they did with factory ford

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Honestly it's one of the reasons I'm happy I added the rubber mats from Bronco. They are perfectly fit and add a lot of rubber under foot. They look good too. Solves that concern in my opinion. Plus when they fill up with dirt it's easier to get rid of it.

OP
OP
TSBates

TSBates

Banned
First Edition
Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
I think you meant to post a link or photo... But in any case, I replaced my mats with the WeatherTech ones and they've been holding up great so far after about 12k miles. My only complaint is that the snaps that hold the mat to the floor are a little weak, a few weeks ago I was putting them back in after rinsing them out and thought I clicked them in all the way but apparently not because it came loose and went right into the gas pedal. Luckily it was still in park but definitely give those snaps a good press if you're reinstalling.
Maybe not all Bronco editions came with rubber flooring underneath the fabric matts...these are NOT removable---it is a liner built into the vehicle (see pic)...they would have to be cut out...

Flash sorta washes out the image but I think you can se that there is rubber underneath the floor mats....

PS: anyone who also knows what those dark stains are gets double points....seem to be dripping from above....

Ford Bronco Sport Factory Installed Rubber floorboards... Screenshot 2022-06-17 085944

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Think we all just thought you were asking about aftermarket options .. i dont know how you would fix that

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe not all Bronco editions came with rubber flooring underneath the fabric matts...these are NOT removable---it is a liner built into the vehicle (see pic)...they would have to be cut out...

Flash sorta washes out the image but I think you can se that there is rubber underneath the floor mats....

PS: anyone who also knows what those dark stains are gets double points....seem to be dripping from above....

Ford Bronco Sport Factory Installed Rubber floorboards... Screenshot 2022-06-17 085944
Only the Badlands and perhaps the Special Edition come with the rubber floor instead of carpet.

I would definitely get the OEM liners (rubber floor) version. Easy to take out to clean and will protect the original floor from wear.

What ever brand you go with, just make sure it’s for the rubber floor. The ones for the carpeted floors will not work.

OP
OP
TSBates

TSBates

Banned
First Edition
Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Where can you purchase the Ford inserts?

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where can you purchase the Ford inserts?
I picked mine up from EBay but just google the part number.

MP1Z7813300BA or MP1Z-7813300-BA

OP
OP
TSBates

TSBates

Banned
First Edition
Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A hotlink would be kinda nice...

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

BigPhatPaulie

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I got the ford floormats as they are way easier to take out and clean rather than trying to clean the rubber floor

OP
OP
TSBates

TSBates

Banned
First Edition
Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just ordered a set---I'll let you MOFO's know how they work out...
Sponsored