Factory fender flare accessory self install?

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
I tried to order the flares with rivets and it was kicked out as an accessory.
It seems that I must either pay the dealer to install them or install them myself.
Had anybody done their own install of the flares?

Thanks...
Sponsored

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
I tried to order the flares with rivets and it was kicked out as an accessory.
It seems that I must either pay the dealer to install them or install them myself.
Had anybody done their own install of the flares?

Thanks...
Someone posted they had the fender flares installed by their dealer. My understanding is they are installed with clips but I have not purchased this accessory yet.

Warren505

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Website
warren149.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Hi I ordered the wheel flares , they are DIO ( dealer installed option) it’s on the dealer only order screen , there are 2 types 1&2, The type 1 is made to use as is black no paint, the type 2 is paintable . They are installed with just a primer and 3M VHB double stitch tape . Installed similiar lower Body panels my self on a new work van. It’s not that hard but a little stressful . If you handy you can handle it but you only save. Few $$. Compared to the entire vehicle cost. But a bit here and there....
Splash guards or the mud guards are Also ‘DIO’.

OP
OP
JerryC

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
Hi I ordered the wheel flares , they are DIO ( dealer installed option) it’s on the dealer only order screen , there are 2 types 1&2, The type 1 is made to use as is black no paint, the type 2 is paintable . They are installed with just a primer and 3M VHB double stitch tape . Installed similiar lower Body panels my self on a new work van. It’s not that hard but a little stressful . If you handy you can handle it but you only save. Few $$. Compared to the entire vehicle cost. But a bit here and there....
Splash guards or the mud guards are Also ‘DIO’.
Thanks, hopefully somebody that has done it will chime in on hard it is. Or better yet make a youtube video.

There's always that thing, if you do it yourself you have yourself to blame. If you have them do it and they screw it up you get mad at yourself for not doing it yourself :)

Mascot1978

Outer Banks
First Name
Bev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I got the bronco mudflaps. I was told couldn't add fender flares bc of mudflaps. Looks to me like there shouldn't be a problem. Anybody have both?

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
I got the bronco mudflaps. I was told couldn't add fender flares bc of mudflaps. Looks to me like there shouldn't be a problem. Anybody have both?
I was wondering the same thing. I have mud flaps but would like to install the fender flares. Maybe there is trimming involved?