Factory crossbars allow for a surfboard to clear that antenna in the rear?

Crazeeeyes84

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty
Just ordered a BS-BL in carbonized gray w/ factory crossbars. I noticed these crossbars were more raised than other models. Would this allow for a surfboard to clear that antenna in the rear? I think that antenna could cause some problems with what I want to put on my roof.
Sponsored

Freeskierdude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 CRV
Just ordered a BS-BL in carbonized gray w/ factory crossbars. I noticed these crossbars were more raised than other models. Would this allow for a surfboard to clear that antenna in the rear? I think that antenna could cause some problems with what I want to put on my roof.
My current car has the bendy attend exactly life the bronco sport. When I put my surfboards up on my car it just bends down. No issue with it loosening or break at all. Those are flexible little guys and the cable goes up the antenna in a spiral so the wire won't ender bend in half and break. I wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure the surfboards on the factory roof rack will clear it anyways

OP
OP
Crazeeeyes84

Crazeeeyes84

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty
My current car has the bendy attend exactly life the bronco sport. When I put my surfboards up on my car it just bends down. No issue with it loosening or break at all. Those are flexible little guys and the cable goes up the antenna in a spiral so the wire won't ender bend in half and break. I wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure the surfboards on the factory roof rack will clear it anyways
Awesome, thanks!

speakeasy

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
The antenna is threaded onto the mount, so if you had to you could just take it off. I just installed the Thule HD crossbars on my Big Bend, and the antenna doesn’t clear those.
Ford Bronco Sport Factory crossbars allow for a surfboard to clear that antenna in the rear? E78BD652-0D24-4A5D-B2F3-C8330304896A

OP
OP
Crazeeeyes84

Crazeeeyes84

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty
The antenna is threaded onto the mount, so if you had to you could just take it off. I just installed the Thule HD crossbars on my Big Bend, and the antenna doesn’t clear those.
Ford Bronco Sport Factory crossbars allow for a surfboard to clear that antenna in the rear? E78BD652-0D24-4A5D-B2F3-C8330304896A
okay, I thought I might have to do that. Hopefully with the factory raised crossbars, it can clear it. I have a 9ft board, so I need all the space I can get.

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL Carbonized Gray, steelies+tow+360
For the 4Runner there is a patch style antenna available aftermarket that sits almost flat to the roof. Reception might suffer but no clearance issues.

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
Maybe I’m missing something but couldn’t you just load the board to either the right or left of the antenna? Like not in the center...

OP
OP
Crazeeeyes84

Crazeeeyes84

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty
Maybe I’m missing something but couldn’t you just load the board to either the right or left of the antenna? Like not in the center...
the board is a pretty wide longboard. I’m not sure it would fit to either side of the antenna. And I was hoping to be able to lay it flat along the crossbars so that I could stack more boards on top if necessary. I could be wrong, but I guess I will find out once the car is delivered and take it from there.

Freeskierdude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 CRV
you and your logs will be fine I'm sure of it. You get and wicked good hurricane swell this fall?

OP
OP
Crazeeeyes84

Crazeeeyes84

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty
you and your logs will be fine I'm sure of it. You get and wicked good hurricane swell this fall?
yeah. Delaware in early October saw 10-13ft for a couple of days in a row.It was a bitch to paddle out but definitely good times.

Freeskierdude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 CRV
yeah. Delaware in early October saw 10-13ft for a couple of days in a row.It was a bitch to paddle out but definitely good times.
that's really big! kudos to you for having the cojones and the stamina to paddle out in that.
Sponsored