Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Thanks bjbena...but I've already ordered and don't want to deal with hassle canceling or returning. I shoulda checked forum before ordering
If you ordered from your local dealership, it shouldn’t be any issue not picking up the harness.
Sponsored

Feint

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
This is the best video I've seen on how to do this. Ignore the misleading preview thumbnail. This is for a Bronco Sport. He uses the non-tow package bumper and shows the best way to cut it.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
This is the best video I've seen on how to do this. Ignore the misleading preview thumbnail. This is for a Bronco Sport. He uses the non-tow package bumper and shows the best way to cut it.
Meh, not really. If you’re going to go through the hassle of pulling the bumper to cut it you might as well install the one with the cut outs.

Last edited:

Feint

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
It has really good info on how to remove the wheel well plastic and how to cut the bumper with a box cutter instead of a Dremel. Not everyone wants to pay extra for a new bumper since it isn't needed to add a hitch, though I agree the oem tow package bumper looks much better.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
It has really good info on how to remove the wheel well plastic and how to cut the bumper with a box cutter instead of a Dremel. Not everyone wants to pay extra for a new bumper since it isn't needed to add a hitch, though I agree the oem tow package bumper looks much better.
I'll give it that: Dremel on the bumper cover is no good. I tried it on my wife's Escape when I added the tow hitch to hers. Needless to say, the edges of the cutout melted a bit. I had to buy her a whole new bumper cover.

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Meh, not really. If you’re going to go through the hassle of pulling the bumper to cut it you might as well install the one with the cut outs.
That is an outstanding how to video!!
Sponsored