Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Hi all,
Had some kind of automatic update this morning. Big Bend with XMSirius. The notification for a saved artist or song on XM is now eardrumpiercingly loud. Prior to update it was fine.
Anyone know how to subdue this tone? Thanks in advance. Tried scrolling through all the menus with no luck. Please save my hearing. ??
Sponsored

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Hi all,
Had some kind of automatic update this morning. Big Bend with XMSirius. The notification for a saved artist or song on XM is now eardrumpiercingly loud. Prior to update it was fine.
Anyone know how to subdue this tone? Thanks in advance. Tried scrolling through all the menus with no luck. Please save my hearing. ??
Try adjusting volume right when it is talking

OP
OP
RS1

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I have tried changing volume during the chime notification. I have lowered volume to 1. I have scrolled through all the on screen menus to no avail. I’m convinced the volume got bumped somehow to more than “11”(haha) during a mystery upgrade that took place. I was unable to use Ford pass to start or lock/unlock until I started the car with the dash push button. That command was sent to me after the update. Still don’t know what got updated.

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
I have tried changing volume during the chime notification. I have lowered volume to 1. I have scrolled through all the on screen menus to no avail. I’m convinced the volume got bumped somehow to more than “11”(haha) during a mystery upgrade that took place. I was unable to use Ford pass to start or lock/unlock until I started the car with the dash push button. That command was sent to me after the update. Still don’t know what got updated.
Try Soft Reset for Sync:
  1. Press and hold the Seek Up (>>|) button while pressing and holding the Radio Power button.
  2. After approximately 5 seconds the screen will go black, release the buttons.
  3. Allow some time for the system reset to complete.
If that doesn't work, you'll have to go into the Sync menu and do a factory reset.
To perform a Master Reset:

1. Press Settings in the Feature bar at the bottom of the screen.
  2. Press the General icon (you may have to swipe to the next screen).
  3. Press the Scroll bar or swipe vertically until you see Master Reset. Press Master Reset.
  4. A message confirming that all system settings will be erased and reset to factory defaults will appear. Press Continue.
  5. A “Resetting to factory defaults” message will appear, the system will turn off and the screen will go blank. It may take a few minutes for the system to reset and resume normal operation.

OP
OP
RS1

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Thank you. I’ll try it in the morning.

OP
OP
RS1

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Winner winner ScareCrow. Master reset is saving my hearing. Thank you thank you.

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
Winner winner ScareCrow. Master reset is saving my hearing. Thank you thank you.
Glad I could help! :beer:
Sponsored

Reactions: RS1