spiritedcharm

Badlands
First Name
Scarlett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
It's been over nine years since I've bought a new car, but I remember being offered extras at the time of sale in addition to the extended warranty. With my last car, I bought the "Polly Steel" coating for the paint. I believe it was a good investment because I sold that car in "outstanding" condition last week. The paint still looked like a new car. Was it because of the Polly Steel or are the paint jobs for newer cars just that good?

So, questions for you - does Ford offer that extra add-on (or others) and if so, do you think it's worth it?
Sponsored

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
The add on’s at the time of sale are generally sold by the dealer and not Ford unless they are a dealer installed accessory sold by Ford. It’s all depends on how you feel as far as the worth. Piece of mind can be worth a lot to some and not to others.

GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Extra add ons have seemed to be fewer and further as supply on BS is low and demand high. Still happens but most dealers feel they can get someone else without throwing something in. Gonna depend on the dealer for sure. And never hurts to ask.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I believe my dealer offered 3 packages on the explorer. Undercoating, interior scotch guarding, & paint. On the explorer I accepted all 3, expecting to keep the car for a decade. The dealer did a good job & the car still looks new, so that should help with eh trade. But there’s no particular added value on a trade from these packages, they’re a sunk cost at time of purchase, very expensive to you the buyer and highly profitable for the dealer. I plan to take what’s offered again as it all works very well. The maintenance plan is great too if you plan on getting that done through your dealer.

What I’m not sure about yet being offered again is the extended warranty. Hoping to get credit back on that when I trade. But whether or not I’d put it towards one again I’m not sure. My dealer sells 3rd party which I’m not entirely comfortable with, for a price I could perhaps find the Ford one online for. We shall see.

Good luck with it! I think that was all I got offered at the finance office. Anything else for accessories (floor mats, etc.) I ordered through their parts dept & are an add on to the price of the car because my dealer accepted X Plan. Negotiating down from MSRP as per normal they would’ve thrown in more for free on a factory order, but X plan they say left them no room. Probably not.
Sponsored