Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL
I thought I read somewhere on here but I can't find it...do we have until the standard mfg warranty of 3/36k to add one on or do we need do it at the time of purchase
Sponsored

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
You can wait till the 35th month or 35k to get the deals offered when new. That’s what I’m doing,
Right before 36k miles I’ll buy enough to cover me till it’s paid off for about $2,000 It’s just like auto insurance.
It is a money maker for Ford but if your that one guy who blows a tranny you’ll wish you bought the coverage.

AWallace151

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
I’m normally not a fan of ESP’s, as they are a moneymaker for the dealer. I did purchase one on my BS, however, only because it’s a “brand new” model and I am concerned with having to replace expensive components down the road.

jenboyd29

Big Bend
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper
The dealer I purchased my BS Big Bend from offers lifetime warranty that begins after Ford's expires.

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
We purchased one also until it is paid off.

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB, 2022 Passport, 2023 HR-V
I thought I read somewhere on here but I can't find it...do we have until the standard mfg warranty of 3/36k to add one on or do we need do it at the time of purchase
You can buy them at anytime. If you buy it within one year of purchase it is the same as if you purchased it when you got the vehicle. It will go up if you buy it after the first year. I had one on my Ranger that I traded for the BS and got it from ziegler ford. They had the best price I could find. Prices vary depending on the length, deductible and mileage. https://www.zeiglerfordesp.com/
If you use the promo code PAYINFULL you will get $250 off. For example a 6/60k $50 deductible is $745

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL Carbonized Gray, steelies+tow+360
You can buy them at anytime. If you buy it within one year of purchase it is the same as if you purchased it when you got the vehicle. It will go up if you buy it after the first year.
If someone buys it within one year of BS purchase, does it give any additional protection beyond what the factory warranty is already providing?

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If someone buys it within one year of BS purchase, does it give any additional protection beyond what the factory warranty is already providing?
It is inclusive of the existing warranty so the 6 year one basically adds 3 years to the factory warranty for bumper to bumper and 1 year powertrain (premiumcare). The only difference would be that there is no deductible for the factory warranty and there may be a deductible with the ESP after the factory warranty expires, depending on which plan is purchased. There are add ons that cover some of that stuff. There are also extracare and base care that cover fewer things and are less expensive.

gman62

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks Edition
The dealer I purchased my BS Big Bend from offers lifetime warranty that begins after Ford's expires.
At best it is a powertrain warranty. Will not cover any electronics or thousand other parts that could go bad. Hopefully you know that.

jayzala

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks
You can buy them at anytime. If you buy it within one year of purchase it is the same as if you purchased it when you got the vehicle. It will go up if you buy it after the first year. I had one on my Ranger that I traded for the BS and got it from ziegler ford. They had the best price I could find. Prices vary depending on the length, deductible and mileage. https://www.zeiglerfordesp.com/
If you use the promo code PAYINFULL you will get $250 off. For example a 6/60k $50 deductible is $745
OMG, just saved me $250, I was just about to buy the ESP from that site. Thank you!

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I’m normally not a fan of ESP’s, as they are a moneymaker for the dealer. I did purchase one on my BS, however, only because it’s a “brand new” model and I am concerned with having to replace expensive components down the road.
Exactly !
This is my first ever 1st run new model.
I’ve purchased only one ESP in my life, It was for 36,000 to 100,000 with no time limit.
That Toyota blew a rear differential at 103,000 miles.
Woud have cost $1,100 to replace, this was in 1988,
Today a Tacoma rear ended would be closer to 2,000 just for the pickle, without Installation.
Toyota replaced it for free.
I drove that one another 285,000 miles
I want one on my BS because of the very complex drive train and motor.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Warpious

Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL
Exactly !
This is my first ever 1st run new model.
I’ve purchased only one ESP in my life, It was for 36,000 to 100,000 with no time limit.
That Toyota blew a rear differential at 103,000 miles.
Woud have cost $1,100 to replace, this was in 1988,
Today a Tacoma rear ended would be closer to 2,000 just for the pickle, without Installation.
Toyota replaced it for free.
I drove that one another 285,000 miles
I want one on my BS because of the very complex drive train and motor.
I keep going back and forth between the Ford Extra Care or Premium Care

TheDude

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2019 Mustang GT
No idea if anyone has Geico, but I can get an extended warranty from them that covers everything for around $16 a month with a $100 deductible. Have to sign up before 15k miles though. Might be worth seeing if your insurance company offers a warranty thats cheaper vs Ford.

Pinski66

Badlands
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger,
I keep going back and forth between the Ford Extra Care or Premium Care
I have always gotten the premium care, looks like its about 400.00 more and you get over 1000 components covered vs. 113.
I bought the 8 year 125,000 premium care with key and led lighting coverage with 50.00 deductible it was 2595.00 from Zeigler. I called them right after we got home from the dealer. This was in January right before the last price increase.
Also the financeguy was really honest and told me i would have to pay sales tax on it if i bought from them.

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OMG, just saved me $250, I was just about to buy the ESP from that site. Thank you!
:) Glad I could help. I am planning on getting mine later this year before my one year is up. As a side note, canceling was very easy for the plan on my Ranger and the check was mailed out pretty fast.
Sponsored