CLOZA

Big Bend
First Name
Caden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Just letting everyone know that I had a check engine light come on yesterday evening. Smelt tons of gas in the cabin and my Ford Pass told me to reseat the gas cap(of course there isn't one)

I took it into my dealer this afternoon and sadly they found an EVAP Leak... Who knows how long it'll take to get parts in. I should know a time frame by Monday.
Ford Bronco Sport EVAP Leak Screenshot_20210121-205433
Sponsored

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I noticed how few problems are showing up with this brand new model. I am Impressed to say the least. I really wouldn't worry about parts like that.
If need be it will get shipped from the factory, I'd guess dealer ETA would be 72 hours.

Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza
Just letting everyone know that I had a check engine light come on yesterday evening. Smelt tons of gas in the cabin and my Ford Pass told me to reseat the gas cap(of course there isn't one)

I took it into my dealer this afternoon and sadly they found an EVAP Leak... Who knows how long it'll take to get parts in. I should know a time frame by Monday.
Ford Bronco Sport EVAP Leak Screenshot_20210121-205433
When was yours built? I wonder if that was one reason why a lot of them were held up for QA checks.

OP
OP

CLOZA

Big Bend
First Name
Caden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
When was yours built? I wonder if that was one reason why a lot of them were held up for QA checks.
Not sure, bought mine off the dealer lot

OP
OP

CLOZA

Big Bend
First Name
Caden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
For anyone curios for what happened to my EVAP/Check Engine light situation... Turns out something got kicked up under my car so hard that it broke my underbody panel and pushed the plastic up into my fuel canister.. so sad.

An $1100 repair NOT covered under warranty. This is not something I can afford right now ?
Ford Bronco Sport EVAP Leak 6948
Ford Bronco Sport EVAP Leak 6947
Ford Bronco Sport EVAP Leak 6946

OP
OP

CLOZA

Big Bend
First Name
Caden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Ran over something? Surely your insurance will pay something
I'm thinking I had to run something over, I listed to music loud so I likely wouldn't have heard it. I definitely felt it though when I think back to when the engine light came on

OP
OP

CLOZA

Big Bend
First Name
Caden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
that’s interesting. I’m sorry that happened and to poke fun but seems like the off-road suspension and speakers make some obstacles unnoticeable. Meanwhile total carnage below
Ford Bronco Sport EVAP Leak 7A334099-11E1-4325-BD5C-CF1FF15DA029
Yeah lol

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
Same thing happened to me last week. Seems a really terrible spot to locate the canister, essentially just slightly back and below the driver seat on the underbody. Road debris of some sort crushed the corner of mine. Insurance considers it a collision so I’m out the $250 deductible for a $1200 repair. Roughly $600 in parts for a new canister, hose connection, and underbody shield - by the way these fabric ones on the lower trims are garbage. And then another $500 in labor + taxes. Critical parts thankfully are 3-5 days out and enroute to my dealer. Underbody shield cover is a 5 week back order. Dealer agreed to let me come back for it later and they’ll install it separately from the mechanical repairs so that I’m not waiting. Thankfully, mine isn’t leaking (less than 2% difference in fuel pressure) and is still drivable for my four mile commute each day. Just no puddles or I risk water in the fuel system.

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
Agreed on the skid plates. Other than the fabric panel shields, this is one of the lowest sitting parts below the vehicle. And a critical part no less... Great spot to high-center on a dirt trail. What's with Ford Engineers locating so many critical components low on the vehicle where it's subject to water and/or abuse? That putty good & water-seals doesn't last forever. I'll certainly be more careful if/when I take it off-road again. Wasn't even on rocks this last time. Damage was highway trash...

vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Is there a skid plate to protect this area? If there is does anyone know the part number?
Sponsored