fastlax16

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport Badlands, 2019 VW Golf R
Anyone here try a small amount of ethanol e20-e30 yet? I run e30 in my vw and it helps with a little power bump.
Sponsored

Last edited:

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
My dad had the e-85 engine in a truck. Could run either 87 or e-85. But dealers suggested not to use e-85 or corn juice unless the motor was designed for it due to oxygen sensors and combustible temps on each...I would suggest a qualified.mechanic from Ford before giving a bump.

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
Anyone know if the stock fueling system can handle any corn juice? I run e30 in my vw and it helps with a little power bump.
From the owners manual - NO

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/vdirsnet/OwnerManual/Home/Content?variantid=7450&languageCode=en&countryCode=USA&Uid=G2087791&ProcUid=G1717126&userMarket=USA&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=False

Use of any fuel for which the vehicle was not designed can impair the emission control system, cause loss of vehicle performance, and cause damage to the engine which may not be covered by the vehicle Warranty.
Do not use:
  • Diesel fuel.
  • Fuels containing kerosene or paraffin.
  • Fuel containing more than 15% ethanol or E85 fuel.
  • Fuels containing methanol.
  • Fuels containing metallic-based additives, including manganese-based compounds.
  • Fuels containing the octane booster additive, methylcyclopentadienyl manganese tricarbonyl (MMT).
  • Leaded fuel, using leaded fuel is prohibited by law.

OP
OP
fastlax16

fastlax16

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I understand what the lawyers say, wanted to see if anyone had personal experience. I know Focus RS/ST and Fiesta ST guys do it and the same warnings from Ford apply. Guess I'll wait to see what the tuners start doing.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I understand what the lawyers say, wanted to see if anyone had personal experience. I know Focus RS/ST and Fiesta ST guys do it and the same warnings from Ford apply. Guess I'll wait to see what the tuners start doing.
well if you understand what lawyers are saying, and want to give it a go...also understand what the lawyers will say, and take the chance...seems you already made the decision, and you are simply waiting for validation of your choice. What could go wrong?

OP
OP
fastlax16

fastlax16

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
well if you understand what lawyers are saying, and want to give it a go...also understand what the lawyers will say, and take the chance...seems you already made the decision, and you are simply waiting for validation of your choice. What could go wrong?
What? I wanted to see if anyone else had tried it since its popular on other ecoboost motors (in addition to turbo motors from many other manufacturers). Christ, I'll reword the original post.

CanineChamp

First Edition
First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mork
What? I wanted to see if anyone else had tried it since its popular on other ecoboost motors (in addition to turbo motors from many other manufacturers). Christ, I'll reword the original post.
Seemed like a very fair and useful question. The forum be toxic like that.

OP
OP
fastlax16

fastlax16

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seemed like a very fair and useful question. The forum be toxic like that.
vw forums are worse. maybe ill just respond to all questions about modifications with the warranty disclaimer to fit in.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
My apologies. You asked a question knowing it violated lawyer speak. Guess I simply mistook your intention. Good luck I hope the boost helps. It's your vehicle my bad dude. Life is too short to let a forum get anyone panties up.

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
If you really don't care and it seems that you are going to do it anyway, why bother asking?

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
How about buy pump gas, say regular and find something constructive to play with.
I'm not pouring anything into my tank but what the owners manual recommends.
Once again I'm reminded of why I don't buy used vehicles..

Maxwellian

Badlands
First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco Sport
I would think focus or escape owners with the same 2.0 would be the ones to ask if they’ve had any success. Bronco sport hasn’t been out long enough to break much.

OP
OP
fastlax16

fastlax16

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you really don't care and it seems that you are going to do it anyway, why bother asking?
I do care, which is why I asked. Maybe someone here knows the sport has a different fuel pump or injectors from the other vehicles with the same motor and its a bad idea for whatever reason, or someone can confirm the powertrain and fuel system are the same as the other platforms that people have been running it successfully and the risk is minimal.

How about buy pump gas, say regular and find something constructive to play with.
I'm not pouring anything into my tank but what the owners manual recommends.
Once again I'm reminded of why I don't buy used vehicles..

A lot of topics on forums go against OEM recommendations. Ford also has recommended tire sizes, will you be going into posts where people are upsizing tires and reminding them of the ford specs even if that isn't what they asked for? Lift kits change driving dynamics outside of what for engineered. Hope you're preaching against those. Tunes void powertrain warranties. Tint reduces visibility.

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/got-my-letters-emblem-blacked-out-w-windows-and-tail-lights-tint.2400/ This guy tinted his taillights, including the brake light. Illegal and potentially dangerous. You think it looks great though. Doubt Ford or the NHTSA agree. If he gets rear ended he's probably SOL.

I asked if people had specific experience, you obviously don't have that experience. Whenever turbo swaps start happening, I hope you're in those threads to be a turd in the punchbowl.

What does find something constructive to play with even mean? I've got a vw that runs 11s on e30 (VW frowns on track use) to play with. I'm guessing that isn't constructive.

Last edited:

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I do care, which is why I asked. Maybe someone here knows the sport has a different fuel pump or injectors from the other vehicles with the same motor and its a bad idea for whatever reason, or someone can confirm the powertrain and fuel system are the same as the other platforms that people have been running it successfully and the risk is minimal.

A lot of topics on forums go against OEM recommendations. Ford also has recommended tire sizes, will you be going into posts where people are upsizing tires and reminding them of the ford specs even if that isn't what they asked for? Lift kits change driving dynamics outside of what for engineered. Hope you're preaching against those. Tunes void powertrain warranties. Tint reduces visibility.

I asked if people had specific experience, you obviously don't have that experience. Whenever turbo swaps start happening, I hope you're in those threads to be a turd in the punchbowl.
I would undoubtedly believe dudes on a forum over an engineer who designs the engine and specs and tests those parts, fuels, and tuning. There used to be a time when years lived and life experience was considered guidance. Today, it's likes, tweets, youtube, and reddits that seem to guide the choices in life. When you come with a question challenging engineers, warranty, and push mods to an engine...others offer advice that doesn't fit your interest, do what you need to do with that information. When 'vw forums are worse'...maybe it's not the forum, maybe meeting the same discussion has a common denominator.
As to tires...See:Ford explorer roll over lawsuits. You CAN put non spec tires on, YOU CAN drive that way. YOU CAN add ethanol, methanol, nitro, etc...go for it. Be sure to film it for us. Post it on your youtube, and tweet it to the world. We wait with anticipation.

OP
OP
fastlax16

fastlax16

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would think focus or escape owners with the same 2.0 would be the ones to ask if they’ve had any success. Bronco sport hasn’t been out long enough to break much.
I know. Just not signing up for additional forums. I've lurked some other boards and no issues reported. Thought there might be some people who switched over or own both. Pretty puritan crowd over here I guess.
Sponsored

Last edited: