Hhermann

Big Bend
First Name
Hailey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I bought a Big Bend with BB package on Friday 4/2 by Tuesday the EPS went out and about 4 other screens were popping up and lighting up my dash. The dealer called me a week later and says the steering column needs to be replaced. I'm a little concerned because I didn't even put 80 miles on it. Has anyone else had this issue? I'm just concerned this specific car may be a lemon. Any opinions?
Sponsored

Jim in Wisconsin

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Bronco Sport
My base model had "steering assist fault - service required" come up a few times with only about 400 miles on it. It still steered ok, just a little harder. The dealer replaced something in the column and after that had trouble with the programing- version. They had to deal directly with Ford to get it to work, but it's fine now.

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
I bought a Big Bend with BB package on Friday 4/2 by Tuesday the EPS went out and about 4 other screens were popping up and lighting up my dash. The dealer called me a week later and says the steering column needs to be replaced. I'm a little concerned because I didn't even put 80 miles on it. Has anyone else had this issue? I'm just concerned this specific car may be a lemon. Any opinions?
A new model is bound to have some glitches. Consider this the cost of being an early adopter.

HungLo

Outer Banks
First Name
Siu
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Tesla Model 3
That sucks, but be glad it happened early on within warranty period. Would have sucked if it happens just out of warranty.

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
A new model is bound to have some glitches. Consider this the cost of being an early adopter.
I don't see why everyone is calling this a new model. All the parts they are using are cross overs from other models especially the escape. Just because its new does not mean "New Models have glitches" that excuse went out of play when cars and there parts were first coming out. Every model of car out there will have some that are go9ng to have an issue. It just happens. No one likes it, but it happens.

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
I don't see why everyone is calling this a new model. All the parts they are using are cross overs from other models...
1) It is a new model. Sharing parts does not take away from the fact that it is a new model.
2) Not all parts on the BS are shared with something else. Even if a part is shared it doesn’t mean that it’s exactly the same. For example, the drivetrain computer might be from another model but with modified programming to match the new car.

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
1) It is a new model. Sharing parts does not take away from the fact that it is a new model.
2) Not all parts on the BS are shared with something else. Even if a part is shared it doesn’t mean that it’s exactly the same. For example, the drivetrain computer might be from another model but with modified programming to match the new car.
OK........ It is a new design based off of an existing platform and technology. You got me.

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
OK........ It is a new design based off of an existing platform and technology. You got me.
Which mass produced car isn’t based off an existing platform and technology? ??

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
Which mass produced car isn’t based off an existing platform and technology? ??
Wow..... really? There are many mass produced cars that when they were first introduced had all new tech. Seriously just stop. This is becoming a pointless thread.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Regardless of new model or not, this is a vehicle based off the Escape, with some history.

And manufacturers test these things extensively, there shouldn't be a hand wave excuse just because it's a "new model."

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
Wow..... really? There are many mass produced cars that when they were first introduced had all new tech. Seriously just stop. This is becoming a pointless thread.
Sure, when they were first produced. Which mass produced cars have all new tech now? Which ones don’t borrow anything from some former vehicle? That was your point, right? That the Bronco Sport isn’t a new model? You have yet to produce anything of substance to back up that claim.

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
And manufacturers test these things extensively
Sure, but the manufacturing process is not without flaws. You can test all you want but when an assembly worker uses the wrong torque setting, or a subcontractor machines a piece to the wrong tolerance, stuff happens. Stuff that requires a hand wave excuse of “new model.” There’s a reason some people refuse to be early adopters.

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
Sure, when they were first produced. Which mass produced cars have all new tech now? Which ones don’t borrow anything from some former vehicle? That was your point, right? That the Bronco Sport isn’t a new model? You have yet to produce anything of substance to back up that claim.
You have yet to produce anything of substance in this thread at all.
Sponsored