Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
surprised this went in unnoticed after all the research / review watching i’ve done this whole time. i don’t think i’ve ever seen anyone comment on this at all but this on the front passenger side. nice little net pocket. i’d see this being very functional actually. storing things you use maybe once in a while. like walkie talkies, or maybe some candy lol. i’ve put an airpod case there for size reference. it stretches out too.
Ford Bronco Sport Elboy’s Badlands Build / Adventure Journal 902D6690-093B-46FE-B53C-1D97B80ABC68
Sponsored

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
surprised this went in unnoticed after all the research / review watching i’ve done this whole time. i don’t think i’ve ever seen anyone comment on this at all but this on the front passenger side. nice little net pocket. i’d see this being very functional actually. storing things you use maybe once in a while. like walkie talkies, or maybe some candy lol. i’ve put an airpod case there for size reference. it stretches out too.
Ford Bronco Sport Elboy’s Badlands Build / Adventure Journal 902D6690-093B-46FE-B53C-1D97B80ABC68
I noticed it in a recent photo but also surprised more people hadn’t mentioned. I wonder if it’s trim specific?

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I've been on the Yokohama Geolander AT G015 235/65R17 108H
on my Escape and they are great on my snow days. But I must add I got them for climbing gravel and I have only a few days of snow covered roads.

Mounted and out the door cost all included was $139 per tire.

OP
OP
Elboy

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
I've been on the Yokohama Geolander AT G015 235/65R17 108H
on my Escape and they are great on my snow days. But I must add I got them for climbing gravel and I have only a few days of snow covered roads.

Mounted and out the door cost all included was $139 per tire.
nice! right now i’m between wildpeaks at3or open country at3.

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
Decided last minute after work to head to the mountains. Got a few clips in but nothing too crazy. The trail was moderately busy so I didnt want to possibly disrupt traffic that much by going back and forth on the trail. There werent that many places to pull off.

How would you compare the overall off road ability of the BS compared to the Forester so far? (sorry if you described this already - i skimmed some posts)

Last edited:

tombstone81

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Super pics, videos and write-ups...thanks Elboy! It's going to be a long painful wait for my BL/BL package I'm sure...especially as I watch everyone on this forum having fun with theirs! At least I should have it in time for summer fun in the Rockies...which I'm fortunate to have pretty much at my doorstep. Can't wait!

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I noticed it in a recent photo but also surprised more people hadn’t mentioned. I wonder if it’s trim specific?
I found it day one, use it all the time. Didn't think It was worth a mention..

OP
OP
Elboy

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
How would you compare the overall off road ability of the BS compared to the Forester so far? (sorry if you described this already - i skimmed some posts)
major differences include the suspension and power. those are the most noticeable. suspension makes a much much smoother ride than my ‘10 forester. i’ve taken them both on the same trails and the BS badlands has a very noticeable smoother ride off-road. Also there’s about a 70-80 hp difference between the two. the badlands with more power. forester did great and has great capabilities, and although i may be using this bronco sport for similar activities, it does everything the forester did but better.

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
This is in the FE as well.

My wife likes it as a place to put her earbud case or facemask. It doesn't hold a lot, but its nice to put things in there that you don't want to go flying under hard braking/acceleration. I've had things fall (and even fly!) out of that flat cubby just under the stereo controls several times already. Another thoughtful little feature that probably didn't cost much to include.

OP
OP
Elboy

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Well finally my Badlands starts becoming its own with the first mod. I've landed a sponsorship with Fifteen52 with their Traverse MX in frosted graphite. I will be upgrading to wildpeaks fairly soon. Enjoy some pics
Ford Bronco Sport Elboy’s Badlands Build / Adventure Journal IMG_0029.JPG
Ford Bronco Sport Elboy’s Badlands Build / Adventure Journal IMG_0022.JPG
Ford Bronco Sport Elboy’s Badlands Build / Adventure Journal IMG_0024.JPG
Ford Bronco Sport Elboy’s Badlands Build / Adventure Journal IMG_0023.JPG
Sponsored