EGR in channel rain guards... any issues with yours?

HUSBANDOFBS

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB
The OWNEROFBS's are supposed to be here in a couple days. Before I do the install, just wanted to ask current users if they have any issues/regrets with theirs.
Thank y'all for any input.
Sponsored

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
No regrets slide in like a charm, you have to manipulate the front drivers and front passenger’s doors but they won’t brake, just bend it a little.

Ford Bronco Sport EGR in channel rain guards... any issues with yours? DEBB8935-5607-4E18-8307-39B2233711DF
Ford Bronco Sport EGR in channel rain guards... any issues with yours? 7BD7E2DA-19D5-4CCE-A849-4D31B2AFB47D
Ford Bronco Sport EGR in channel rain guards... any issues with yours? D55839CE-2189-4A8C-9563-F48BEF713F59

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
No regrets. Though I do wish the rear visors used spring clips like the ones on my wife’s Escape. I’m not a big fan of relying on 3M tape. At least it’s in the channel and not the outside.

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
No problems at all, but only had mine 3-4 weeks. Be aware the front ones have to be twisted quite a bit (I think) to be installed. I left my front ones out in the sun maybe 30 minutes before installing. Had no problem.
If you want, the brand letters come right off with a little nail polish remover. A dab of glue remover and all residue is gone.
I followed instructions about up/down 5x & let sit overnight
Also after a few days took a small narrow file & rounded the rear inside corner (left installed to do this) & it eliminated the little ”click” as the window passed the vent shade on the way up.
They look good.

Last edited:

WillM1994

Big Bend
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Cactus Gray
No regrets at all had them in for a few months now just as good as the weathertech ones if not better, I do agree with @jazzdab about the clips for the rear but so far I’ve had no issues with them falling out

OP
OP
HUSBANDOFBS

HUSBANDOFBS

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB
Good info! Thanks folks! We've used the Weather Techs for in channel applications for over 20 years and EGRs on only a couple vehicles as 'stick ons'.

OP
OP
HUSBANDOFBS

HUSBANDOFBS

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB
Got'em in and on. I must say that I like the look and feel of Weather Techs (who knows when they will have a set ready) better, but these look good and went in solidly. OWNEROFBS is happy, I'm happy!

Ford Bronco Sport EGR in channel rain guards... any issues with yours? egr

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Got'em in and on. I must say that I like the look and feel of Weather Techs (who knows when they will have a set ready) better, but these look good and went in solidly. OWNEROFBS is happy, I'm happy!
I like that they are low profile. Looks better and cuts down on wind noise.

MJbronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BB
No regrets slide in like a charm, you have to manipulate the front drivers and front passenger’s doors but they won’t brake, just bend it a little.

Ford Bronco Sport EGR in channel rain guards... any issues with yours? DEBB8935-5607-4E18-8307-39B2233711DF
Ford Bronco Sport EGR in channel rain guards... any issues with yours? 7BD7E2DA-19D5-4CCE-A849-4D31B2AFB47D
Ford Bronco Sport EGR in channel rain guards... any issues with yours? D55839CE-2189-4A8C-9563-F48BEF713F59
Any issue with the rear adhesive showing after install?

MJbronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BB
No problems at all, but only had mine 3-4 weeks. Be aware the front ones have to be twisted quite a bit (I think) to be installed. I left my front ones out in the sun maybe 30 minutes before installing. Had no problem.
If you want, the brand letters come right off with a little nail polish remover. A dab of glue remover and all residue is gone.
I followed instructions about up/down 5x & let sit overnight
Also after a few days took a small narrow file & rounded the rear inside corner (left installed to do this) & it eliminated the little ”click” as the window passed the vent shade on the way up.
They look good.
Can you elaborate on the filing down? I do have that slight click on the front ones when the window is coming up

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
Any issue with the rear adhesive showing after install?
Well technically yes you can see some adhesive but only very little in the corners is all.
Yes we have freakin pollen everywhere
Ford Bronco Sport EGR in channel rain guards... any issues with yours? 99FDB2C6-2F45-4C78-823D-CEAD089FEE1D
Ford Bronco Sport EGR in channel rain guards... any issues with yours? B7D7A703-BC0A-431E-9544-C768538DFF77
Ford Bronco Sport EGR in channel rain guards... any issues with yours? 6050FB84-1E15-4ADF-9BA7-E52AC53CB06B

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
Can you elaborate on the filing down? I do have that slight click on the front ones when the window is coming up
On both my front windows as the window was passing the rear inside end of the visor it would click. It was not enough to cause window "bounce back" but was annoying.
With the visor on using a very small file & window down, I was able to reach the inside rear corner of the visor and just worked the file to slightly take the edge off the corner of the visor. Click is now gone.
Ford Bronco Sport EGR in channel rain guards... any issues with yours? 1654098292557

MJbronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BB
Well technically yes you can see some adhesive but only very little in the corners is all.
Yes we have freakin pollen everywhere
Ford Bronco Sport EGR in channel rain guards... any issues with yours? 99FDB2C6-2F45-4C78-823D-CEAD089FEE1D
Ford Bronco Sport EGR in channel rain guards... any issues with yours? B7D7A703-BC0A-431E-9544-C768538DFF77
Ford Bronco Sport EGR in channel rain guards... any issues with yours? 6050FB84-1E15-4ADF-9BA7-E52AC53CB06B
Okay, the adhesive on my rear visors seemed way too low, some of it was over the rounded edge, making it practically useless as it wouldn't make contact with anything. I'm fairly certain they were inserted all the way but I'll have to double check. Seeing your pics will give me a better idea! Haha and yes the pollen never ends, I'm in PA and can give the BS a wash and have pollen all over within the hour!

MJbronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BB
On both my front windows as the window was passing the rear inside end of the visor it would click. It was not enough to cause window "bounce back" but was annoying.
With the visor on using a very small file & window down, I was able to reach the inside rear corner of the visor and just worked the file to slightly take the edge off the corner of the visor. Click is now gone.
Ford Bronco Sport EGR in channel rain guards... any issues with yours? 1654098292557
Okay great! I have this as well, and like you said it just a minor annoyance. I'll take a look and see if I can round it off some! Seriously thanks for the response, huge help!

BigBadWolf

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport 2004 Mustang GT Convertible
I installed the EGR window visors today and pulled a big dummy move on the passenger side. I tried installing the passenger side wrong and decided to trim it to make it fit. Called EGR and they told me that I would have to order a new set but I have decided to try some gorilla tape from Walmart first. All I can say is make sure you read the directions good. Thank goodness with the window up it is secure and may not blow off.
Sponsored