ltober20

Outer Banks
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Due to the salt and snowy conditions all over the midwest I already had to give the ebony/roast interior of my outer banks a good wipedown.

I wiped down the interior with Armor all new car protectant wipes (pic below) and it left some terrible looking streaks all over. Pretty disappointing result, and I had to do some more wiping (normal armor all wipes) with a towel brush up to get rid of the streaks.

Ford Bronco Sport Ebony/Roast Interior Cleaning 1612376383627

Anyone else had any issues/successes with cleaning products on the ebony/roast interior so I don't run into this again?
Sponsored

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
The owners manual recommends fords motorcraft premium cleaner leather and vinyl. I personally stay away from anything with shine or scents.
does that also work for the suede-like leather at the top of the seats?

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
im thinking this one
Ford Bronco Sport Ebony/Roast Interior Cleaning AA2E05CD-A3D0-46AD-987C-91279833653F
the description for this motor raft product, ZC-54, says “Use on all automotive velour and pile-type fabrics. Do not use on silk, velvet, vinyl or leather surfaces.” The question is what kind of material is this suede on these leather seats. Is it pile or leather

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
the description for this motor raft product, ZC-54, says “Use on all automotive velour and pile-type fabrics. Do not use on silk, velvet, vinyl or leather surfaces.” The question is what kind of material is this suede on these leather seats. Is it pile or leather
Pile is a type of carpeting.

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
Due to the salt and snowy conditions all over the midwest I already had to give the ebony/roast interior of my outer banks a good wipedown.

I wiped down the interior with Armor all new car protectant wipes (pic below) and it left some terrible looking streaks all over. Pretty disappointing result, and I had to do some more wiping (normal armor all wipes) with a towel brush up to get rid of the streaks.

Anyone else had any issues/successes with cleaning products on the ebony/roast interior so I don't run into this again?
I’m not a fan of wipes. They are convenient, but frequently contain too much cleaning product. I’m guessing your streaks were the result of this. Wiping it down with a towel absorbed the excess.

For leather, I like Meguiars Gold Class 3-in-1.

A_griff11

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport

Hey man? Did you ever find some good products? I’m looking for some products as well for the ebony interior.

also a Area 51 from KY??

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I use this for the interior panels and it also is pretty decent on the rubber and plastic exterior but not the pillars. Pillars only get wash-sudzed, rinsed and microplush wiped. A sneeze could scratch them.
Ford Bronco Sport Ebony/Roast Interior Cleaning 71p7QsVqLmS._AC_SS450_

and this for the leather seats
Ford Bronco Sport Ebony/Roast Interior Cleaning 00277226

I keep both of them off the tinted windows. No sense risking the chemicals.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Now I embarrassed (as my wife says I should be) because I just spray Endust on a soft cloth and it not only takes off all of the pollen that loves to accumulate, but it takes all marks off the leather and the black plastic of the dash, seat sides and door sills. The nice thing is it leaves no indication that anything was used except that everything is clean.

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
At the end of the day I can't think of an ArmorAll product I could recommend.

Always vacuum first, no point in washing loose dirt into your stuff. Avoid using anything strong unless really needed. If you don't need stain remover, don't go there. Don't take a bat to a pillow fight.

Chemical Guys, 303 Products, Aero Cosmetics are all in my garage but mild household products can work well too.

OP
OP
ltober20

ltober20

Outer Banks
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Hey man? Did you ever find some good products? I’m looking for some products as well for the ebony interior.

also a Area 51 from KY??
I have mainly been using the Tub O' Towels cleaning wipes followed up with a microfiber towel scrub/buff so it doesnt leave streaks. I should probably switch to better stuff mentioned in this thread but this has been working well enough for me so far.

Ford Bronco Sport Ebony/Roast Interior Cleaning 1625663379572
Sponsored