Dull Black Trim

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I don't put wax on my vehicles anymore. I get the basic wash at the carwash with a ceramic spray. Works better than wax and the plastic trim looks like it's been treated. Shiny so far at with 5,000 miles.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Cyclone-2021

Big Bend
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
I use turtle wax ice on my VW and yes, it's great since you can use it on glass, plastic trim etc. I had my wifes Bronco Sport ceramic coated and mentioned to the detailer how I though the trim was dull. We are having the rear bumper replaced this Weds. the 2nd due to transport damage and once we get it back the guy who detailed and coated our truck said he has a ceramic coating treatment that darkens the trim and will last a few years. I'll give you a heads up how it comes out and who makes it once we get it done
Does the new bumper stay blacker/cleaner than the rest of the trim?

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Meguiar's black on the left side

Ford Bronco Sport Dull Black Trim IMG20210728200031

OP
OP

Cyclone-2021

Big Bend
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm going to say a flame thrower is a bit above my interest? the heat gun gets plenty hot enough. I'll post before and after pics.
I can
I'm going to say a flame thrower is a bit above my interest? the heat gun gets plenty hot enough. I'll post before and after pics.
I would like to see the before and after pictures. I personally think the issue is something that Ford needs to fix. I’m currently working with my dealership on next steps to replace all the trim.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I can

I would like to see the before and after pictures. I personally think the issue is something that Ford needs to fix. I’m currently working with my dealership on next steps to replace all the trim.
I'll say good luck. My wife's jeep has similar plastic interior sections. It scratches. I'd be surprised if Ford takes on that kind of responsibility. Let us know how it works out. I'll post pics of the bumper. I'm still in Houghton lake.

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
It's relatively cheap textured plastic trim. It will do this. My understanding is that it is there to act as stone guards on gravel roads etc. Problem is the texture from what I can determine. It traps all kinds of dirt which won't come out with regular washing. For what it is worth, I use some sort of plastic cleaner from Mother's which not only removes grime, but over exuberant use of paint polish (that made me happy!) and costs next to nothing.
The stuff on the lower doors also scratches very easily. One good loose gravel road was all it took to scratch it up. Oh well, it is what it is :)

dano0726

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler
At HomeDepot -- Flood Penetrol works wonders on my Jeep Wrangler black plastics..glove/goggle up and apply directly in the open air

bronco bill

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
I take my Badlands to a DIY car wash and use the clear coat protector and to my amazement the black trim hasn't dulled at all.

OP
OP

Cyclone-2021

Big Bend
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had it detailed recently. It looks better with a shine.

Ford Bronco Sport Dull Black Trim C1B8DDFA-8179-4E67-916A-AE8DFCCC3835

Ford Bronco Sport Dull Black Trim 3DE7C157-E38F-4853-A8C7-3B92E3EB0C6A

Ford Bronco Sport Dull Black Trim D071E3E6-622D-40DF-B83A-D34327F56CFC

Ford Bronco Sport Dull Black Trim 338100A8-22DD-4526-9703-6C29BBDF3BAE

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I use Pig Spit, mainly because it won't be an issue if you accidentally get it on the paint or glass. Plus I like the idea of spraying something called "pig spit" on my car.
Sponsored